The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Project Super Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your wood floors look nicer than my houses 😂😂😂

now u need a solar panel on the roof to keep the battery charged and you’re golden. I added a second battery in parralel to my trailer as the shop that did the maintenance on my wheel bearings recommended. (And upgraded my front jack to hydraulic over electric)

This is the result of the china bomb that came on the ATC. Interstate speeds near 75 mph, then kapow, good thing it was on the right side so we didn’t have to deal with the traffic so close to the fog line. Trailer tire only had 4,200 miles on them. Always carry a spare !!

View attachment 91558

View attachment 91559

View attachment 91560

View attachment 91561

View attachment 91562

Got tired of the lack of quality in pretty much every trailer tire I've ever owned. Switched to 16" LT's, not one issue since (and LT's typically speed rated to at least 106).
This is the tire I currently use on my deck over, for the offroad toys. I also like that the rating is for even a steering front axle on say an older 3/4 ton,
so well underrated for trailer use, compared to how trailer tires are rated.

20150525_064943.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Got tired of the lack of quality in pretty much every trailer tire I've ever owned. Switched to 16" LT's, not one issue since (and LT's typically speed rated to at least 106).
This is the tire I currently use on my deck over, for the offroad toys. I also like that the rating is for even a steering front axle on say an older 3/4 ton,
so well underrated for trailer use, compared to how trailer tires are rated.

View attachment 91598
As long as it‘s rated in the Load E range, it’s all good.

As long as it‘s rated in the Load E range, it’s all good.

I had Maxxis Load range E (rated 2830 lb each, for 8300 lb trailer) before these LT's.

2014-12-28_10-50-18_735.jpg

And Goodyear Marathons before those (Load range D, @ 2540 lb rating each). 3 of those went over about a 3 year period,
one virtually brand new, entire tread came off like it was a retread (made in USA, too).

DCP05179.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
I had Maxxis Load range E (rated 2830 lb each, for 8300 lb trailer) before these LT's.

View attachment 91600

And Goodyear Marathons before those (Load range D, @ 2540 lb rating each). 3 of those went over about a 3 year period,
one virtually brand new, entire tread came off like it was a retread (made in USA, too).

View attachment 91601
I mean your LT tire rating which you have with those commercial TA’s.

I mean your LT tire rating which you have with those commercial TA’s.

Yes, they are E rated also.

Doesn't LT stand for Light Truck? I wouldn't' think those would have 10-12 ply like a traditional LRE trailer tire. Maybe I'm wrong.
I personally couldn't care less how many plies a trailer tire has. That Maxxis wasn't even speed rated for the jersey highway speed limit.

SPEED RATING: UP TO 62 MPH

not blowing my own horn because it has been all of you guys driving this thread, but there has been some awesome input on trailer stuff on here, from type, size and style to layout to electrical, tires and brakes.. well done.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
not blowing my own horn because it has been all of you guys driving this thread, but there ha sbeen some awesom input on trailer stuff on here, from type, size and style to layout to electrical, tires and rbakes.. well done.
Pat yourself on the back anytime bs1 for your input also to feed the thought train. In the paddock while on nosey walks, I admire the cars as well as the trailers that brought them. Not to blow my own horn but once in a while other people comment on my trailer in a positive way. I’m sure its the same for blacksheep-1.

TMO Supporting Vendors