The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Start up Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Savannah
I have a 2017 FP350s #46. I was at the track Friday and ran the car through two 20 minute sessions as normal. When I went to run session number 3 the car would not start. Master power turns on, fuel pump turns on, ignition turns on, clutch depressed….push the start button and nothing happens? This car has been bullet proof from day one. I know the clutch has a sensor. I have already tried jumping the car no luck. All the fuses appear to be fine. No codes were thrown either. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a 2017 FP350s #46. I was at the track Friday and ran the car through two 20 minute sessions as normal. When I went to run session number 3 the car would not start. Master power turns on, fuel pump turns on, ignition turns on, clutch depressed….push the start button and nothing happens? This car has been bullet proof from day one. I know the clutch has a sensor. I have already tried jumping the car no luck. All the fuses appear to be fine. No codes were thrown either. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help.
Have you checked the starter solenoid? I had a similar issue with my 2015 and that was the culprit. The negative post is pretty fragile.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup, once we had to steal a starter solenoid from a F150 to get on the track in the morning. Same symptoms. They get really hot since its so close to the headers. A heat shield is a good idea.

TMO Supporting Vendors