The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

PeteInCT said:
Installing TraqDash system w/MSD tach sensor.
Photos???

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

I'm going over the radio display faceplate. There is no good place on an LS other than on the steering column. Need to fabricate something for that and I don't like blocking the idiot lights. Watching for that damn CEL. ;-)

drano38

Wayne

Went to a local car show.
The Boss earned 2nd in the "1986 and newer" class.
My brother in law beat me with his '10 Dodge Charger.
Oh well, I beat him last summer at a different show with his 1970 Road Runner. So now we're even.

Spent almost 3 hours taping up bumper cover and other vulnerable areas with painters tape in prep for NASA HPDE day tomorrow. Took way longer that I anticipated. Much cheaper than clear bra, but way bigger PITA factor.

Ran outta time to install track pads for now (had to quit to get ready for a danged wedding)... gonna be a late night tonight (and early AM) to finish up.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient

I was a busy boy yesterday. First was a complete brake fluid swap in preparation for my first track day with the Boss.
Followed that up with a full TraqDash/TraqMate install like Pete did. I did however use a different mounting location. I wanted to utilize the Panavise mount for my cell phone holder during daily use so, I simply used another traqdash mount, attached to the cell phone mount so I can take the dash out and snap the cell phone mount in all in about 10 seconds.

motul.jpg

traqmate1.jpg

traqmate2.jpg

traqmate3.jpg

traqmate4.jpg

traqmate5.jpg

traqmate6.jpg

traqmate7.jpg

overlay.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Good job Mike, Like the dash mount. I didn't use the tunnel location because of heat , but that is a good place for maximum accuracy. One last thin, you can bring the GPS antenna inside and put it on the package shelf with a little Velcro.
Steve

steveespo said:
Good job Mike, Like the dash mount. I didn't use the tunnel location because of heat , but that is a good place for maximum accuracy. One last thin, you can bring the GPS antenna inside and put it on the package shelf with a little Velcro.
Steve

Agreed.

A very nice and clean install (which as Steve pointed out could look even better with the antenna on the inside).

Welcome to the asylum ;)

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient

Thanks guys. I had contemplated putting the antenna there but I remember a few years back, when I had my '04 GT, I used that location and while it was sufficient, I didn't get as strong as a signal as I did mounted on the trunk. It is fine where it is. I think it will be a good conversation starter.
My car is so fast, it needs TWO satellites to track it. :p

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

mcmmotorsports said:
Thanks guys. I had contemplated putting the antenna there but I remember a few years back, when I had my '04 GT, I used that location and while it was sufficient, I didn't get as strong as a signal as I did mounted on the trunk. It is fine where it is. I think it will be a good conversation starter.
My car is so fast, it needs TWO satellites to track it. :p

On stock tires and brakes no less !!!! ;-) JK...

Drove the car to dinner even though I was dog tired. Forgot about the air dam and nailed a parking stop.

$1600 damage and 7 days in the shop.

TMO Supporting Vendors