The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

VTBoss302 said:
Went rock climbing...

your boss is very... adventurous lol

I spent 2-3 hrs for the last two days washing and clay baring the boss. Today, spent 5 hrs polishing the car and "restoring" the black trims. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll be spending another 3-5hrs sealing it... such a hassle when you don't have a garage :-\

What did you do to your boss today?

Installed Airaid's Parnelli Jones carbon fiber intake with blue non oiled filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Got my baby back on the road today. Polished paint, installed new WC splitter, and a great mechanical upgrade; installed the Boss 302 Alternator, idler and tensioner kit. Best $236 I've spent, the quality and robustness of the new idler and tensioner is obvious, larger pulley and of course it's brand new. I am amazed the stock GT setup which has phenolic plastic wheels and smaller bearings didn't fail on me. Install went very well. Tomorrow: Oil Change, Pad and front rotor swap, and maybe some new graphics work. 2 weeks to Watkins Glen and there is much to do.
Steve

steveespo said:
Got my baby back on the road today. Polished paint, installed new WC splitter, and a great mechanical upgrade; installed the Boss 302 Alternator, idler and tensioner kit. Best $236 I've spent, the quality and robustness of the new idler and tensioner is obvious, larger pulley and of course it's brand new. I am amazed the stock GT setup which has phenolic plastic wheels and smaller bearings didn't fail on me. Install went very well. Tomorrow: Oil Change, Pad and front rotor swap, and maybe some new graphics work. 2 weeks to Watkins Glen and there is much to do.
Steve

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Seriously, though, great job!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep..." - Robert Frost

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

VTBoss302 said:
Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Some pics of my car finally back home;
Mustangcomeshome001_zps7ac3a27f.jpg
Usual position
Mustangcomeshome002_zpsaef4e500.jpg
Oil Change, 1200 track miles since March, oil life monitor said "oil change required"!
Mustangcomeshome003_zpsc0fbb792.jpg
Mustangcomeshome004_zpsff8188e8.jpg
Working the seat and harnesses
Mustangcomeshome005_zps0740297e.jpg
Old install but I don't think I ever posted Speed of Sound pod/Auto Meter Ultra Lite II gauges.
Mustangcomeshome006_zps64c35771.jpg
Had the battery on the tender, little homage to the Puffer fish.
Mustangcomeshome007_zpsdc5836c5.jpg
Mustangcomeshome008_zps1ef34617.jpg
Mustangcomeshome009_zpsda126028.jpg
Did new front rotors and new GT500 specific Carbotech XP24 Pads. Note how much more pad area compared to the Infiniti pad shape I have been using. Also note the dust boots on the pistons are like new, Hard Brakes Ti plates work.
Mustangcomeshome011_zpsf44a762f.jpg
Old leather power seats, weigh a ton, for sale if any one wants them.
Mustangcomeshome013_zps57119aba.jpg
Finally the first new graphics on the 21 Car. Lots of work left in this area.
Steve

Looking good, I can't wait to see it back in it's natural habitat. :D

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient

Installed the Redline hood struts and removed the MMD's. Wish I would've went with them from the gitgo. So much better quality, easier and quicker install, smoother opening, no moving of the lower bracket and oh yeah, no chance of dropping and effectively losing a hood bracket bolt, ask me how I know. :'(

drano38

Wayne

Installed the sound tube delete kit (yes, finally!) I got Monday from Blowfish Racing.
Wish I would have done it when they first became available.

Ordered the following:

1. Rear Girdle from TA Performance (Need for Installation of Griggs Racing Torque Arm Kit)
2. K Member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters from CHE Performance
3. JPC Line Lock Kit
4. JPC Black Clutch Line Upgrade
5. 3 Quarts Redline 75W140 Gear Oil

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient

Installed my SCC1 Sirius Radio with iSimple Gateway/iPod interface.
Also installed my Panavise mount that will house my TraqDash on track days and iPhone on all others.

Pic of nifty mount and antenna placement:

img_1336.jpg

img_1337.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors