The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Did a trip to "Rossfeld"- panoramic motorway near Salzburg http://www.rossfeldpanoramastrasse.de/en/panorama-street/description/ :)
Hans

oi0m.jpg

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

Hans said:
Did a trip to "Rossfeld"- panoramic motorway near Salzburg http://www.rossfeldpanoramastrasse.de/en/panorama-street/description/ :)
Hans

oi0m.jpg

Hans, you get any complaints on your exhaust ? Back in 2002 I had my Harley over there and had some pedestrians waving their finger at me, too noisy ! If I get myself to your country will you "rent" me your Boss for a couple days ? ;)

Didn´t get any complaints yet, but i don´t have the mufflers deleted.
Btw: you shouldn´t rent your car and your wife, that´s my father said to me! :)
Hans

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

got new tires installed. Michelin pilot sport A/S 3's and so far they are awesome. sure blow the p zero's out of the water and they are an all season tire to boot.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Nice job! I know Longacre makes splitter/spoiler braces that are very close to what Ford uses for $25 each, the have hex shaped ends vs rounded. ABS sheet is not too expensive and can be easily shaped with a router. A stock boss splitter can be used for a template for the attachment points and Steve Puffpaf makes an awesome front tow hook support/splitter bracket. Please do post your process.
Steve

If you look closely, it's not very symmetric. My skill with a jigs saw needs to be improved :).

I'm using the blowfish tow hook with the support built in. Also I'm using the longacre brace that Steve is talking about. You can find them on SummitRacing. I bought the longest one, 8" I think, but they are too long I had to cut them about half inch and move the holes in the support also half inch back.

I paid about 140$ for a 54x107x1/4 abs sheet which is good for 2 splitters.

I broke my lower radiator cover at the track and the replacement part was over 200$ so my splitter looks like this one

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't have that many picture but will try to do my best to make a thread tomorrow.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal

That definitely will make it for an uncomfortable ride for your back seat passengers!

John

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

today I installed my new Hawk PC brake pads up front. hoping to cut down on the brake dust up front.

the stock pads have a lot of meat left. Think anyone would want to buy them for say price of shipping?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel