The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

I know, pictures are worth a thousand words...but cut me some slack. Installed a set of Hawk HP plus pads and Stoptec slotted rotors on the front end today. Not too bad.

Did some visual changes over the last couple weeks. CPC fuse box cover, Ford Racing front plate, GT500 rear valance/quad tips and traded my OEM wheels and tires for new AMR 19x8.5/19x10 wrapped in new tires as well.
10299763114_1c5c4d92d4_c.jpg
10299972213_30392a9765_c.jpg
10299972313_1762b4faae_c.jpg
10299972063_f288f25e6d_c.jpg

FRPP t-springs on the way

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient

Took a really nice picture of it. 8)

bosscover.jpg

USNjocson said:
Did some visual changes over the last couple weeks. CPC fuse box cover, Ford Racing front plate, GT500 rear valance/quad tips and traded my OEM wheels and tires for new AMR 19x8.5/19x10 wrapped in new tires as well.
10299763114_1c5c4d92d4_c.jpg
10299972213_30392a9765_c.jpg
10299972313_1762b4faae_c.jpg
10299972063_f288f25e6d_c.jpg

FRPP t-springs on the way
So you decided to keep the Boss?

mcmmotorsports said:
Took a really nice picture of it. 8)

bosscover.jpg

Beautiful picture!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

ArizonaGT said:
Contemplated where I'm going to mount the AiM GPS antenna without cutting a hole in the roof.
AZ
Mount it on the rear package shelf under the rear window. I have my traqmate antenna there and it picks up 8-12 sattelites all the time.
Steve

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Package shelf good idea but cable not long enough and I'm not paying for an extension cable. I think I'm zip-tying it to the windshield defrost vents in the dash. Won't have time to screw with it until Monday :-/

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

ArizonaGT said:
Package shelf good idea but cable not long enough and I'm not paying for an extension cable. I think I'm zip-tying it to the windshield defrost vents in the dash. Won't have time to screw with it until Monday :-/
That works but use 3M UHB doble stick adhesive tape. Won't ever move.
Steve

Changed oil, then drove about 180 miles and filled her up with Ethanol-free gas. This made her happy, but wow, that was expensive. Makes me feel better bout the gas that she's stored with though. The things we do for our babies!

max5ive0 said:
Changed oil, then drove about 180 miles and filled her up with Ethanol-free gas. This made her happy, but wow, that was expensive. Makes me feel better bout the gas that she's stored with though. The things we do for our babies!

You are right. This commercial comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ryNtVK55OUY

Edit: you do not need to use the youtube tags, just paste the url.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything

Got 2 pulls on a Dynojet Dyno today at the Mustang Club of NH fall event at Performance-Dyno in Louden. 2 pulls, 1 silver key, 1 red key. Bone stock 'cept for my DSS alum shaft. Any guesses as to what my numbers were? 70 degree day, low humidity... Will post a thread with results & pix of some great Mustangs tomorrow. Very interesting results...

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

Spent the whole day yesterday installing my isimple gateway and 48sqft of super lite dynamat in the trunk. Still have to put the interior back together today.

ace72ace said:
Got 2 pulls on a Dynojet Dyno today at the Mustang Club of NH fall event at Performance-Dyno in Louden. 2 pulls, 1 silver key, 1 red key. Bone stock 'cept for my DSS alum shaft. Any guesses as to what my numbers were? 70 degree day, low humidity... Will post a thread with results & pix of some great Mustangs tomorrow. Very interesting results...

I really want to hear the results!

I'll be dynoing mine in similar fashion next month. Contemplating whether or not to get the C&L no tune CAI beforehand. I'm not 100% convinced it will provide any significant power gain, despite C&L's claims of ~18 rwhp.

And I did this to my Boss.... Painted the AMR chrome center caps. They are now a matching charcoal. Looks much better IMO.

And....ordered an MGW shifter today! Stock is horrible, had to upgrade....

8D7-7B208A734F26-2028-0000014FA6F04612_zps7accde6c.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel