The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Yikes. Did you leave the TC on?

1373422_10200550077537391_1123640050_n.jpg

Keavdog said:
New set of Hoosier r6s. Caster camber plates go in tomorrow. Willow springs next sat.

Hopefully you had them heat cycled.. if not, i'd recommend heat cycling them yourselves prior to using them! I have two full days (about six 30 minute sessions per day) on mine, and corded the drivers side tire from Road Atlanta and Barber use (heavy right-hand turn tracks). Heat cycling would've prolonged it... Too expensive not to get as much out of them as you can.. Plus, rotate rotate rotate (side to side, front to back, cross-rotate (if square set), etc). Just trying to help, and have fun!!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Stared at it in the garage for a few minutes and contemplated how I'd like to hook up my battery tender quick-disconnect permanent wiring...

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska

drove my son to Boy Scouts... took a couple of Scout dads for rides...
it threw codes - flashing kind... then the silly thing stayed on on second ride...
I just parked it... will check it later... ugh... at least no limp mode...

SC BOSS said:
Hopefully you had them heat cycled.. if not, i'd recommend heat cycling them yourselves prior to using them! I have two full days (about six 30 minute sessions per day) on mine, and corded the drivers side tire from Road Atlanta and Barber use (heavy right-hand turn tracks). Heat cycling would've prolonged it... Too expensive not to get as much out of them as you can.. Plus, rotate rotate rotate (side to side, front to back, cross-rotate (if square set), etc). Just trying to help, and have fun!!

I was only able to get 2.08 degrees neg camber as the mm plate stand. Good start I suppose.
I did drop the tires off to get heat cycled. Thanks for the reminder!

NFSBOSS said:
I haven't seen you here in a while, I thought maybe you sold your Boss.

Just a busy summer. Now the temps are dropping its time to get out on the tracks. All my local tracks are in the desert.

Hey guys, my first post on this forum. Glad to be a new member. I've had Mustangs since I was 18 and also have an 850 rwhp 90' Fox body. Been a member over on Corral.net for about 14 years now...

Just picked up my RR '13 Boss #609 about a month ago and I absolutely love it. Maybe not as fast as my Fox, but much more of a well-balanced, complete package. It's got Flowmaster super 10 mufflers/ tips, Eibach springs, AMR wheels, matte black vinyl-wrapped roof and tint. Just activated the red key last week.

Anyway, here's what I did with it today. Thought the street sign was rather appropriate...

2b0ac830-89dc-4d51-8574-23e197f44804_zps305c9a8a.jpg

RRBoss302 said:
Hey guys, my first post on this forum. Glad to be a new member. I've had Mustangs since I was 18 and also have an 850 rwhp 90' Fox body. Been a member over on Corral.net for about 14 years now...

Just picked up my RR '13 Boss #609 about a month ago and I absolutely love it. Maybe not as fast as my Fox, but much more of a well-balanced, complete package. It's got Flowmaster super 10 mufflers/ tips, Eibach springs, AMR wheels, matte black vinyl-wrapped roof and tint. Just activated the red key last week.

Anyway, here's what I did with it today. Thought the street sign was rather appropriate...

2b0ac830-89dc-4d51-8574-23e197f44804_zps305c9a8a.jpg

Welcome! Do you run your fox body down the 1320?
Great looking car

Keavdog said:
Welcome! Do you run your fox body down the 1320?
Great looking car

Thanks, Keavdog...

Have not taken the Fox down the strip yet. My goal was to build a streetable show n go car that will run a 9 sec pass with ease. It's basically done, been a 5 year project. However, it ate a thrust bearing recently and engine needs to be pulled (again lol). It's been featured in MM&FF magazine and in Vortech's "Hitting the streets" video which can be found on youtube. You can see it here at 2:03...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2KgQcf0Okhs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bay Area

Keavdog said:
Just a busy summer. Now the temps are dropping its time to get out on the tracks. All my local tracks are in the desert.

Hey John- Just saw your LS over in Sorrento. PM me and lets grab soem coffee and talk tracks if youre interested.

RRBoss302 said:
Thanks, Keavdog...

Have not taken the Fox down the strip yet. My goal was to build a streetable show n go car that will run a 9 sec pass with ease. It's basically done, been a 5 year project. However, it ate a thrust bearing recently and engine needs to be pulled (again lol). It's been featured in MM&FF magazine and in Vortech's "Hitting the streets" video which can be found on youtube. You can see it here at 2:03...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2KgQcf0Okhs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Very cool!

byronj said:
Hey John- Just saw your LS over in Sorrento. PM me and lets grab soem coffee and talk tracks if youre interested.

Hey Byron - super busy this week getting the boss ready for willow springs on Saturday. Next week for sure!
If you're interested in heading up to Willow Springs we are driving up Friday afternoon, spending the night in Lancaster and driving to Rosamond in the morning.

Extreme Speed is hosting

https://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com/index.php?option=com_dtregister&view=event&layout=list&controller=event&task=events&Itemid=15

Bay Area

Damn too busy and too short of notice.

ON another note let get this thread back on track.

I didnt do anything to my boss today. Stella is staying in the garage. :(

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel