The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Had a close encounter with Armco @NCM last Saturday :'(
It was the last session of the day :mad:

IMG_0690_zpsaijcel7d.jpg

I'm fine, harness, helmet and Hans did their job. Car is fixable. Time for upgrade ;)
Will post more details later

Swiss Boss said:

IMG_0690_zpsaijcel7d.jpg

I'm fine, harness, helmet and Hans did their job. Car is fixable. Time for upgrade ;)

Sorry to hear about this. Yeah, just look at the bright side and use it as a chance to do upgrades. Tiger Racing hood!

Bummer but I'm glad to hear you're not injured. shiznit happens on track and it's best to be prepared for it. Take this as a sign for those of you on the fence about upgrading your safety equipment.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

Lets see:

Light weight tubular number beam with integrated tow hook
Possibly new radiator with better cooling
Tiger racing hood

Feel free to add to the list :)

NFSBOSS is right don't cheap on your safety equipment. I did feel my neck restrain keeping my head in place when I hit the guard rail.
I probably hit the rail around 35-40MPH. I did slow pretty good when I was still on the pavement, even taught I could save it but as soon as I touch the grass it went straight into the rail.
I should have good pictures as the track photograph was just in that corner and got everything.

I'll make a new thread once I got everything sorted out with picture of the damage and update on the reparation

drano38

Wayne

Swiss Boss,
Sorry to see the damage. But glad you're fine. What brand/model hans are you using?

My Watson roll bar is on order. Should have gotten it a couple years ago. Leaning toward Crow harness.

Back to my lost socket in the engine bay--absolutely no clue. Searched for another hour tonite. Frame rail under battery, battery tray, around headers, engine mounts, k-frame tubes, starter, steering rack. If I could get my hands/fingers in there, I did. Nothing.
As Maintenance said in the Air Force when we dropped something in the cockpit--"After exhaustive search, no FOD found. Cleared to fly". So I'm certifying myself cleared for BIR 24-26 July.

drano38 said:
Swiss Boss,
Sorry to see the damage. But glad you're fine. What brand/model hans are you using?

My Watson roll bar is on order. Should have gotten it a couple years ago. Leaning toward Crow harness.

Back to my lost socket in the engine bay--absolutely no clue. Searched for another hour tonite. Frame rail under battery, battery tray, around headers, engine mounts, k-frame tubes, starter, steering rack. If I could get my hands/fingers in there, I did. Nothing.
As Maintenance said in the Air Force when we dropped something in the cockpit--"After exhaustive search, no FOD found. Cleared to fly". So I'm certifying myself cleared for BIR 24-26 July.

I use a NeckGen REV http://www.necksgen.com. But like an helmet, you should try before you buy.

Have you tried a flexible magnet inside the K-member? Because when I installed my long tubes I lost some bolt in it and couldn't find them by hand. I found them after "fishing" for 10-15min with the magnet

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

Swiss Boss said:

IMG_0690_zpsaijcel7d.jpg

i believe this is the fourth Boss and or Mustang to wreck at this track.

WTF?

Great to hear you were OK and the car is going to be.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

installed the Ford Racing 84.5mm Throttle Body. Nice add in the engine bay.

IMG_4829_zpsuldu3voz.jpg
IMG_4822_zpsrhhqfrta.jpg
IMG_4824_zpsytapoo6v.jpg

2012-Boss said:
Sarkis,

I would get the car back to Rev Auto sooner rather than later. Most MT-82 parts were on backorder for a couple of months. The last of my parts just came in at the beginning of last week.

Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve!
I've been driving the car for the past three days, and it's been acting fine... No idea what the problem was. I have a 3-day track event this weekend. I'll take it easy and see if anything goes boom.

Swiss Boss, sorry to see you went through that accident :(
Hope you recover from that mishap quickly!

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

Swiss Boss said:

IMG_0690_zpsaijcel7d.jpg

Sorry about car. Glad your ok.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

Swiss Boss said:

IMG_0690_zpsaijcel7d.jpg

Florian,
Sorry to see the damage, but glad that you are OK.

TMSBOSS said:
i believe this is the fourth Boss and or Mustang to wreck at this track.

WTF?

Great to hear you were OK and the car is going to be.

NCM is a great Track, very technical, but not at all forgiving. Lot's of incidents and it's only been open 9 months......

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Black Boss said:
NCM is a great Track, very technical, but not at all forgiving. Lot's of incidents and it's only been open 9 months......

Lots of WALLS, from the videos I've seen.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel