The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where was BOSS 302 Engine and Shelby GT350 engines made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My understanding is that the Boss 302 engine was made, assembled in Canada. Is this accurate? If so, why did they not make it in the USA? My understanding is that the Shelby gt350 was made, assembled in USA, is this true? Where is the tranny in the GT350 made? Mexico? Ger.

All Coyote-based engines to my understanding are manufactured in Canada. You should really look up where the Ford Essex Engine Plant is in relation to Detroit, then it might make sense. Even the 5.2 Voodoo engine is cast at Comtech Manufacturing in Canada, sent to the Essex Plant for block machinework, and then only sent to the Romeo Plant as parts for final assembly. If you have issues with other nations being contracted to provide parts for either car, I would skip both as they're filled with contributions from around the world - USA, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Germany, China, etc

TMO Supporting Vendors