The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WI / IL area track days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
LAPS has a RA test & tune day on August 23rd. Pricey but you get unlimited time on the track all day except lunch hour. That type of track day would be too brutal for my car but your new track ride would fit right in. It’s right after NWSC at Blackhawk so the turn around time is short so there’s that.
Already signed up for the August 23:)
Oct 4th RA, sprinkle a autobahn in there somewhere and Nasa Autobahn in Sept.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Blackhawk today, rained from 7:30am till 11:30am ish. At noon the front straightaway was still damp. Hardly any dry lines. Went out at 1:10pm and 2:30 pm for just those 2 stints. Green track but the later stint was awesome. Diff @ 230 *, CHT @ 220*, IAT were 107* which was like hot and oil temp was 210* to 220*. The air temp after lunch got to 93* with 72* dew point, sauna time. The mach got wet sitting in the rain, thunder, pink lightening and down pours. Miracle it didn’t melt, lol.

IMG_3049.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Aug 23rd, LAP @ RA
NASA Autobahn Sept 29-Oct 1st
Cruise for a Cause @ RA Oct 4th

Who is joining me?
Hot damn, we can’t be there for any of those dates. Maybe visit RA on the 23rd to see the new car but we’re in Alabama in Sept and getting ready for Autobahn in Oct. The Cruise for a Cause sounds like a great idea as the format is awesome and I’m going to save the date for next year. Sounds like a fantastic way to finish up the season and close to home. Enjoy the track @Vettel-ish !!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Hot damn, we can’t be there for any of those dates. Maybe visit RA on the 23rd to see the new car but we’re in Alabama in Sept and getting ready for Autobahn in Oct. The Cruise for a Cause sounds like a great idea as the format is awesome and I’m going to save the date for next year. Sounds like a fantastic way to finish up the season and close to home. Enjoy the track @Vettel-ish

Will do! Hoping to see you out there soon.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Chicago
You guys have a list of go-to track day organizers that are preferable? I’ve done a couple SCCA events and those were top tier. I just got home Autobahn doing the South Course with RevMatch and there was so much traffic that my lap times were consistently worse than they were on the same course last weekend. and by worse I mean well over 2:20 😂

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Chicago
an example lap

Seems like it was just overpacked and under regulated. And this was the run group they assigned me after video reviewing a few laps last weekend so I didn’t have to sit in novice group which was packed.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
You guys have a list of go-to track day organizers that are preferable? I’ve done a couple SCCA events and those were top tier. I just got home Autobahn doing the South Course with RevMatch and there was so much traffic that my lap times were consistently worse than they were on the same course last weekend. and by worse I mean well over 2:20 😂
LAPS, INC and MVP TRACKTIME always run the full track at Autobahn. We did one track event with fore mentioned outfit you listed ( not SCCA ) and will not spend our money with them again. Laps & MVP also do Road America while MVP goes to other tracks. Down south, we use Chin Mototsports. @Vettel-ish does a charity track day at Road America. Hope this helps a little.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Chicago
I appreciate those tips. I definitely will not be running another date with that organizer. I know some of those cars in that video are faster than me but there was literally no space for me to push myself and get better today. My fastest time was better than last week but still no where near what I want to be (still learning)

I was going to try RA On the 25th but if there’s fellow s550 guys going on the 4th then I will see if I can get off of work to go then instead.

@Vettel-ish can you send me whatever info you have on that please?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Chicago
I’m not sure why I didn’t mention Northwoods Shelby Club ? We do events with them at Blackhawk Farms & Road America - top notch organization !! Thanks for including them @Vettel-ish
I joined NWSC earlier in the year and never made it to any events. I think I am officially hooked on tracking my car now though so I will be doing my best to attend as many events as possible. Looking forward to meeting you guys at some events. I’ll be in this thing

IMG_6109.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors