The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss 302S tow hooks installed. Getting closer. Now I really wish I had my 302S wheels on for the street. Oh well, they'll be track wheels the first weekend this spring and then when the Hoosiers are smoked, I'll swap on the Pirellis. Now I just need to order my second set of Enkeis for the track.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

adam81 said:
Gary......you need to re-title the thread to "serious track prep for a Boss". This is becoming very informative. By the time I get going on my car I won't have anything to figure out.....it will all be done!
I may need to re-label it anyway, since I can't call this winter. I'm out crusing around in my Boss picking up my tow hooks from the powdercoater in 48 degree weather and it's December 28th!!!!! Average high this time of year is mid-20s and at least a foot of snow on the ground. 8)

2012YellowBoss said:
cloud9 said:
Body shop just called and asked if I wanted to install a washer nozzle relocation kit to the wipers or just cap them off. Looks like LMR sells a kit for $60. Opinions? It's not like I drive it in the conditions that usually require the squirters, but then again, hate to get caught and can't see.....

Should have skipped them, that way you can get rid of the "filled for life" washer bottle. I am sure that weights more then the hood!
No wonder it's "filled for life" Look at the size of this thing!

December has been warmer than normal here in Ct, also this year with no snow cover yet. I'm not complaining since I'm getting extra Boss driving time in myself! I just have a sneaky feeling we'll be paying for this come January & February....I hope I'm wrong. Just as a gauge, last December 26 we had a blizzard with almost 2 feet of snow...OMG!

Bob - Not sure where you are in CT but up here west of Hartford we got nailed big time, like you said 2+ feet. Good news is we had two of those winters in a row plus the insane October snow this year. We're due for a break !

On a happier note - I installed the Silverhorse Racing billet aluminium fuel door. Looks a little more serious than the stock tin plate ;D Please excuse the grainy pic, Need to get in out in the sun.

2011-12-28_21-18-46_382.jpg

I think you really live next door to Rick - this whole S.D. thing is a sham ;D

PS: It hit 20 degress for the first time this morning in CT. That's the norm for this time of year. It's also been pretty dry. A relative down in FL also reporting warner than normal. Now if I could only get LimeRock Park to open up on a weekend (I'm 35 mins away) !!!

PeteInCT said:
I think you really live next door to Rick - this whole S.D. thing is a sham ;D

PS: It hit 20 degress for the first time this morning in CT. That's the norm for this time of year. It's also been pretty dry. A relative down in FL also reporting warner than normal. Now if I could only get LimeRock Park to open up on a weekend (I'm 35 mins away) !!!
He does. ;) There's been ice on my van which is parked outside for the past two weeks. Not uncommon here but what is uncommon is no rain for a month which means no snow for skiing in the Sierras. :(

Just got back from visiting the family in Chicago, pretty mild winter out there. Snowed a little tiny bit but no worry with my badass rental Focus.

Drove the BOSS for the first time in a week today, got her sideways on the way to work this morning :) Still a balmy 44*F out here in Phoenix :)

ArizonaGT said:
Just got back from visiting the family in Chicago, pretty mild winter out there. Snowed a little tiny bit but no worry with my badass rental Focus.

Drove the BOSS for the first time in a week today, got her sideways on the way to work this morning :) Still a balmy 44*F out here in Phoenix :)
::) it's 47F way up here today!

cloud9 said:
ArizonaGT said:

We will have a high in the 60s sometime later today, only 10:30am here!

ArizonaGT said:

...Good warning to all.
Those summer Pirellis are hard and slippery in the low temps.
Doesn't take much at all (in any gear or situation) to get out of sorts.

cloud9 said:
ArizonaGT said:

Hmm 47F was the low today. ;D

Peter

I had noticed the same thing. That's why I put her away for the winter. I felt like I was on ice. I still have the kooks on. Not sure the pirellii's are much better

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel