The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I replaced front and rear speakers (wish I had known about the lack of need for rear earlier), but the fronts now have a little bit of "rattle" or bass buzz. I think the bass is causing the door panel itself to shake. The OE speakers had a molded plastic cover like a grill, that I think was probably to avoid this. Anyone else getting this?

Alright you Yankees need to keep this white stuff to yourself. :mad:

IMG00047-20120102-2127.jpg

BOSS1289 said:
I replaced front and rear speakers (wish I had known about the lack of need for rear earlier), but the fronts now have a little bit of "rattle" or bass buzz. I think the bass is causing the door panel itself to shake. The OE speakers had a molded plastic cover like a grill, that I think was probably to avoid this. Anyone else getting this?
My door panel was shaking, but didn't notice a rattle or buzz. I will have to see how it sounds after a few days of driving.

cloud9 said:
BossJockey said:
Alright you Yankees need to keep this white stuff to yourself. :mad:
Don't blame me. We don't have any snow up here ;D
I wish we had some out this way. I'm not into rock skiing if you know what I mean. We had one of the driest December's on record this year which balances one of the wettest December's last year.

My bad - I was thinking AZ for some reason ;D Still, you guys get all that nice DRY snow. We can drown in ours! ;D

cloud9 said:
PeteInCT said:
"up" here ?!?!? ;D
Compared to you, yes ;)

Sioux Falls

43°33'N

http://www.mapsofworld.com/lat_long/usa-lat-long.html
Way up here - 44°26'N. Just a little further up I-29.
But was good for 2 Boss runs today, even at 11 deg. Global warming is great.
Gary, I think you need to re-name this post - can't really call this "winter" mods. But I'll take this as long as we can.

Back to topic - I laid claim to a set of Enkei PF01 wheels today. Will pick them up later--no track days for a few months.

5 DOT 0 said:
drano38 said:
Back to topic - I laid claim to a set of Enkei PF01 wheels today. Will pick them up later--no track days for a few months.
Hmmm I wonder where those came from? ;)
Wow, you're quick to figure that one out! ;)
I've got his trailer, now the wheels on the car on the trailer. Better stop before I get too carried away! ;D
Nope, I'm not addicted either.

I wish.
I'll give the '02 Dakota a chance first. Should tow ok.
Next up is a vehicle for the wife. Gotta keep her happy too.
And maybe in a couple years I can get a nice used F-150 v6 ecoboost--know anyone who may be trading a white one in?

drano38 said:
I wish.
I'll give the '02 Dakota a chance first. Should tow ok.
Next up is a vehicle for the wife. Gotta keep her happy too.
And maybe in a couple years I can get a nice used F-150 v6 ecoboost--know anyone who may be trading a white one in?

What are you getting for the wife? I was thinking about getting mine the new Focus ST. It will depend on the price, dealer markup, reviews etc.

BossJockey said:
What are you getting for the wife? I was thinking about getting mine the new Focus ST. It will depend on the price, dealer markup, reviews etc.

She'd like a crossover, so either a Ford Edge, or GM equilivent.

BossJockey said:
What are you getting for the wife?

All depends how many miles are on them, right? :D

The Ecoboost is very nice and I was looking to get that myself. Then I started thinking about possible maintenance issues down the road since the 5.0 and EB get about the same mileage and have the same HP. The biggest gain with the EB is the HD package towing if you get it and the torque is better.

In the end they were willing to deal with 5.0 much more, mine was 37,400 sticker and got it for 26,750 plus they put a bed-liner in it but never added that to the price. I would never have got that kind of deal on a Ecoboost.

happy new year everyone. igot jlt oil seperator the alluminem model and i just ordered the cai from airaid called them direct 499 plus shipping and handling to canada.talked to a guy called ben he told me they are making certain limited number of this parnelli jones edition.if anyone interested part #mxp 453-174. phone number 888-876-8984.

piero

Just finished my first mod... wife thinks I'm crazy to start tearing apart a brand new car (still less than 300 miles on her)... to install the front Pioneer speakers.

The video was a great help, door handle cable slowed me down for a few minutes, but overall, very simple swap.

Love the improved sound... now to work on the front brake ducts. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel