The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary it looks great. How did the finish come out? Does it meet your OEM look expectations?

5 DOT 0 said:
Gary it looks great. How did the finish come out? Does it meet your OEM look expectations?
Oh it looks just perfect. I couldn't believe how well the paint matched. I can't tell any difference whatsoever. I had always wanted to paint the decal on the hood, so now I did ;D The gloss black paint looks much better than the decal. My wife commented on that right away.

Really nice Gary looks terrific, will be getting mine this winter gonna go with the same pattern White but with Ditzler textured black out like i have on my stock hood and using the 1969 Mach 1/Ford Racing hood pins. I am a sucker for the muscle car era stuff but todays performance and quality. These are the best Mustangs ever made bar none, we are driving in another Golden Age for sure.
Steve

Thanks Steve! I usually don't get too excited about cosmetic stuff, but I'm actually a little giddy. It's probably just the fact that I'm driving my Mustang in South Dakota in late December :D

I'm not sure I can call these winter mods any more. It's December 26th and I had my Boss out again today! This is the latest I've ever driven my Mustangs and definitely bonus time ;D After getting the hood on last week though, I just couldn't resist. We hit 51 today and it's going to be in the 40s for highs this week. We're showing a forecast of 51 on January 1st! 8) Normally we'd have a foot of snow on the ground by now and temps in the single digits or teens for highs.

5 DOT 0 said:
The Roush side splitters add 20 lbs. of downforce over 150 MPH. ;)

Thank you potholes. No news on the FRPP springs and I don't expect any for maybe two more months.

I wouldn't go out and buy the CJ grill until we have further confirmation that it will work with a stock hood. The only one I know of installed on a Boss so far uses a 302S hood. See below. It clearly states that it will not work with a 2010 hood. Maybe the 2011+ hood has as slightly different design?

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2010_COBRA_JET_GRILLE_p/m-5767-cj10.htm

http://www.race-mart.com/Ford_Racing-FMS-M-5767-CJ10.html

CobraJetGrill.jpg
The picture of this LS is the best I've seen....Havent been a fan of the red trim around the grille. The hood is awesome....This what ford should have done.....maybe can the red wheels too. just my opinion though.

Nope just one. I will just put it in on track days. I do have two sets or harnesses but will just gave the stock seat on the passenger side. I don't usually have a passenger at the track. I also have the factory restraints still on both driver and passenger sides.

Gary - Some questions on the EVO seat if you don't mind.

> Which EVO model is it (1, 2, 3) ?
> Is it a total bolt-in for the Boss or does it need an adapter or a custom mod to fit?
> What's the weight diff from stock?
> Does it support a 5/6 point harness?
> Do you have a recommended source (I'm not sure if there are any great variations on price, I would assume not) ?

It is a direct bolt-in to the four factory locations. I also have a slider and side mounts. I got it from SafeRacer. Yes it has the opening for the sub belts. Good question on the weight! I will weigh tonight. Stock seat supposedly weighs 46 lbs. I think the Sparco weighs 38in but will confirm.

It's not for the lap belts. We are trying some brackets that mount to the rear seat bolts for that and they should be her later this week. To be honest I'm not exactly sure what the side mounts are for specifically since my buddy ordered the seats and I ordered the hoods together to save freight. Give SafeRacer a call and if there's any confusion I will get specifics from him.

Gary
I just made a topic about the FR500 seat I am installing. About the harness brackets can you post links for them if available and also how are you going to eliminate the air bag light?
It's funny I seem to be on the same wave length as you with modding the car for track use. Just joined NASA and am looking to get a time trial license for the '13 season. Does anyone know what class our cars would run in? I am reading the rules but there are alot of them. Thanks Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel