The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A little damp and light drizzle….thats fast enough for me. All GT1 and GT2 cars ahead of me. Just ride around and stay out of trouble and we should be fine. Stay tuned.

IMG_1241.png

After leading (ITE) from the drop of the green and a long yellow that allowed second place to catch up, a sudden inability to select gears cost me the race. In a near carbon copy of nationals, I literally coasted up the final straight and across the checkers in neutral, first gear only engaging after the finish line where second place finally caught up and edged me out in the last few feet. I am beyond frustrated. I don’t yet know if the shifter, transmission or clutch is at fault because at this moment I have none of those. An easy victory turned into bitter defeat. Such is racing I guess.😢

I feel for you Sal, after working on fuel pickup issues when I had my Boss 302S the problem seemed to be solved until the last lap of an event and a clear win became a last place finish. After one more similar situation, another loss from first I got a fuel cell put in by Blevins at Chicane 23. Your loss and similar ones many of us have had are the ones that drive us crazy. I feel your pain and though they is likely to help much we do empathize with you --- racing seems to be an equal opportunity devil in disguise at times. The problem is most of the time there is nothing more " Heaven Sent ," than driving at speed, passing others, or putting down a time no one else in one's Class can match.

Hang in there we know you will come roaring back!

460322034_875565674538884_4984394250540227605_n.jpg

After leading (ITE) from the drop of the green and a long yellow that allowed second place to catch up, a sudden inability to select gears cost me the race. In a near carbon copy of nationals, I literally coasted up the final straight and across the checkers in neutral, first gear only engaging after the finish line where second place finally caught up and edged me out in the last few feet. I am beyond frustrated. I don’t yet know if the shifter, transmission or clutch is at fault because at this moment I have none of those. An easy victory turned into bitter defeat. Such is racing I guess.😢

Well, that's BS

Well at least I managed to beat my own personal best time there by a full second…..so there’s that.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel