The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Boss 302 Springs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had my T Springs installed yesterday. Couldn't be happier with the outcome. Stance is right where it should have been from the factory and with no noticeable difference in ride quality. I also installed the Ford Racing adjustable panhard bar and had a 4 wheel alignment done. Had planned on installing the Ford racing LCA relocation brackets, but upon trying to install them with my Roush Billet LCA's discovered they would not work with these brackets even though Roush sells then and says they will work. Upon firther invetigation I am not the 1st person to have this issue. Have a set of BLM LCA relocation brackets on order and will install as soon as they arrive. Also installed the PCV Delete and Black Ford Racing coil covers. Will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it on this site.

Any of you guys who ordered these have them installed yet? I've seen a few pictures but no driving impressions. :p

I should say that I haven't seen any on track driving impressions. ::)

NFSBOSS said:
My understanding was the goal was to lower the car and keep the ride close to the stock.

This is troof.

At COTA a couple of weekends ago, I was crewing for the Capaldi Racing team. Our friend Mark was there with the FRPP Suspension Guru. Let's call him Deep Throat The Guru. I approached him, introduced myself, and then grabbed his wrists so he couldn't get away. I told him that I had bought some P springs and some incorrect dampers (which he had previously confirmed to me via email). The springs were just sitting in my office. I asked him, "Since I need to sell the wrong dampers anyway, should I go ahead and sell my P springs, too, now that the Boss springs have been released?"

He started to mumble about "it depends" and "blah, blah, let me go."

So, I asked again, "Should I sell my P springs for the Boss springs? I track my car agressively (if rarely), but plan to only track it even more in the future. You already have my money, so just look me in the eye and tell me."

I will paraphrase his answer to me - no. In my case, he told me to get the C dampers to mate with the P springs. He said exactly what Rick and others have interpreted - the Boss springs are for guys who want to lower their car without changing the ride. His answer (eventually) was clear. Now obviously, you CAN use these springs as the basis for a track suspension. It might even end-up being the trick setup of all time. BUT, that will be in spite of its intent.

Mine were installed today along with a STEEDA adjustable Panhard bar and Brace.
Looks great and drives great.
Steve

LINK
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.574864025891841.1073741852.105355792842669&type=1#!/themustangshop

970429_574864322558478_546252070_n.jpg

The Rip said:
Steve

LINK
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.574864025891841.1073741852.105355792842669&type=1#!/themustangshop
Are you using cc plates or bolts?

The Rip said:
Steve

LINK

970429_574864322558478_546252070_n.jpg

Looks great! How come you didn't install LCA relocation brackets?

I plan on installing STEEDA LCA's soon, I like the look of the Billet ones. Do I need the relocation brackets?
I do have a STEEDA front G-track brace installed already.
Steve

The Rip said:
I plan on installing STEEDA LCA's soon, I like the look of the Billet ones. Do I need the relocation brackets?
I do have a STEEDA front G-track brace installed already.
Steve
Look at the Hotckis lca's. I've had mine in for a couple of weeks and couldnt be happier. If you're lowered, than I recommend the 302s frpp relos.

The Rip said:
fun4me

Thanks, are you talking about these?
Steve
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-racing-lower-control-relocation-bracket-p-1719.html
Exactly. PRice looks good too.

The Rip said:
fun4me

Thanks, are you talking about these?
Steve
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-racing-lower-control-relocation-bracket-p-1719.html

Be careful buying the Ford Racing Version. I've heard they don't play well with a lot of aftermarket LCAs.

I can say from experience that the Ford Racing LCA relocation brackets will not work with Roush Billet LCA'S. Not even close, although Roush sells them on their website and says that they will work. I am not the 1st person to have this issue either. Called the Tech Line at Roush and told them the issue I was experiencing and got the 'Deer in the Headlight" look over the phone. After doing some additional research I found that other members have went with BMR Brackets with no issues. Ordered a set and they arrived today and will install as soon as I can.

BadPony said:
I can say from experience that the Ford Racing LCA relocation brackets will not work with Roush Billet LCA'S. Not even close, although Roush sells them on their website and says that they will work. I am not the 1st person to have this issue either. Called the Tech Line at Roush and told them the issue I was experiencing and got the 'Deer in the Headlight" look over the phone. After doing some additional research I found that other members have went with BMR Brackets with no issues. Ordered a set and they arrived today and will install as soon as I can.
Those Roush lcas are huge and they have the same exact bushing as a stock Boss/gt500 lca. I'm not 100% sure the Roush lcas will work in the top hole on the BMR relos either.

A question. I have still not replaced the UCA and LCA's. I have read with the BOSS specific springs they do not need replacing. I did upgrade to a STEEDA adjustable Panhard bar and brace.
If I do replace the UCA and LCA's I have decided on the BMR units.

Question is, for the UCA, do I need to also replace the UCA frame bracket? Is this necessary or is the OEM bracket OK to use?

Thank you again for all the help. Steve

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
The Rip said:
A question. I have still not replaced the UCA and LCA's. I have read with the BOSS specific springs they do not need replacing. I did upgrade to a STEEDA adjustable Panhard bar and brace.
If I do replace the UCA and LCA's I have decided on the BMR units.

Question is, for the UCA, do I need to also replace the UCA frame bracket? Is this necessary or is the OEM bracket OK to use?

Thank you again for all the help. Steve
it will work but from an install stand point it makes the job about 20 times harder getting the stock bolt loose and out. Having a new bracket makes it easier and no need for spacers and such to get rid of the slop from using the supplied bolts with the old bracket.

TMO Supporting Vendors