The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Aug

Mohawk Track Experience at Gingerman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That was a great event. I skipped on my wednesday registration as I had to go back to the office, but had a great time on Tuesday. I kinda kept to myself most of the time but saw Tony and Kona.Mustang when I was chatting with my buddies Dan & Stefan (Miata and 5.0 Mustang guys).

Good times out there, clean driving, some properly fast cars, some properly confused drivers too ahahah. I should have some fun video footage of people completely missing their corners in front of me, it was funny to watch sometimes.

I'll definitely be there again next year, this time with proper tires and pads because stock pads and 280 treadwear just don't cut it on track, especially when you guys show up on slicks with a million pounds of aero :D

Max and I had a great time. He’s definitely progressing into a very capable driver, probably faster than I am now or darn close. Could be that it’s not his car or his tires and brakes but hey…. Nice to see some old friends and meet a few members from TMO. Looking forward to next year.

IMG_0514.jpeg

I just made it home. I was one of the last few to leave the track last night. It was a great event as always. I think I spoke with all the TMO members that indicated they were going except #Mjschneidy and #yotah1. Not sure how I missed you two since I was there from Sunday evening on. We will meet up next time. 2025 is the 10 year anniversary of Mohawk at Gingerman. I know that Paul will make it special but don’t know how yet.

Got home about 8 last night, but had to help wrestle dogs for a few hours and got up at 5 for a one day work week this morning. I'm not as good as going out and saying "hi" to people as Eric, but I did see a few members. As always it was a great time. Eric's mobile brake shop was in full swing this week. I got through several sessions and started pushing it a little harder than I have. I managed to completely use up the right front inside brake pad and "resurfaced" the rotor a bit. Fortunately for me, Eric has the same front brakes and let me use a set of his spares (because he is prepared enough he doesn't need spares) and was back at it only missing one session. Later in the day another one of our group wore out a rear brake. Eric even went back out to help him repair it after everyone was gone. Last but not least, one of our other guys ate through the front pads on his Boss. He was smart enough to at least bring a set of pads, but it was Eric's mobile shop to the rescue again. Can't thank @EF1 enough for helping us less than fully prepared people (I was the biggest offender by quite a bit) get back on the road. The last session ride was a lot of fun, too. Overall, I definitely got faster this year. I improved my fastest lap by about 2 seconds and my overall average was definitely faster. Might be why I went through more brakes. I had several laps where I got over 130 between 10 and 11. I'm very much looking forward to next year, and I'll make sure I get a very thorough once over on the car and calendar.

Looks like a great time and for those that missed this event or simply want another killer time with a bunch of Mustang Maniacs, check out the " Fast Ford and Mustang Roundup " in Hastings, Ne. in the middle of September.

www.racemph.com

If you register before September 1st you will get extra track time Thursday afternoon for no charge. This is the 14th Annual Event and like the Mohawk Experience there are virtually always some Ford Engineers there with surprises!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel