The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

302 Hi Pro said:
Fiddler 49er:

Your 2013 Boss 302 is looking sweet, Nice Choice on the wheels and tires plus I know she sounds good with the KSS headers.

Good luck and enjoy her.
Dave
2HP
Thanks Dave. The LS spoiler and badge are the latest mods. Probably not the last... ::)

Black Boss said:
It attaches to the existing full shroud, so it eliminates leakage for both the Setrab and the Radiator. It reduced both Coolant and Oil Temps significantly. I have posted the template and details in the "How To" thread, here: https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10074.0

I could hug you right now.

drano38

Wayne

Since we say "no pics it, didn't happen", I'll post a few roll bar pics.
Did everyone's side panels need to be notched for the main tubes off the B pillar? Mine did, and evenly on both sides. Directions didn't say anything about this, nor all the great posts on here about installs. See second photo.

Bar and home made rear seat delete
2015-08-31_20-12-31_358_zpskxmza2tb.jpg

Notched out side panel for main tube
2015-08-31_20-38-21_688_zpsvd47pwrf.jpg

Harness installed w/ Cooltech clips and 06mach1 sub strap mount
2015-08-31_20-15-22_961_zps6c51c3nk.jpg

You didn't have to cut holes in the plastic. Just kidding. It was mentioned in my instructions. Looking good and now you should feel a bit more secure in your car on track. Nice job with the RSD kit too!

drano38

Wayne

Maybe I need to learn to read then. ;D Edumacation is way to over rated these days.
Thanks on the RSD. It was 2 weeks of an hour or 2 every week day, and several hours on weekends.
Carpet foam on both sides of the boards to kill sound. Boards are 1/2" plywood--way overkill, but if I ever need to crawl back there it can hold my weight. I didn't weigh it, but I know I added way more than the seat I took out.
Looking forward to giving it a good test at the MPH Mustang Roundup in a few weeks. I've got good track data there, so I can see if the harness improves my lap times.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

Unloaded the car after a day at Waterford Hills in the sun with 90 degree temps yesterday. Cooling mods worked fine. Changed Diff Fluid, Trans Fluid and Engine Oil in prep for a day at Mid Ohio, Monday. Need to nut and bolt and check brakes tomorrow before Mid Ohio and MPH next Thursday...

drano38

Wayne

Started to change oil, and wanted to try the Ford Racing FL820. I've still got the Boss oil cooler on, and a Moroso sandwich plate for the Setrab oil cooler. Well, the Ford Racing filter is a little bigger, so the brace under it gets in the way. Loosened the brace, pulled it down, got the filter on, but with the brace bolts tightened back up the filter is only about 1/8" from the brace. I don't think that's good since the engine mounts will let the engine move and most likely cause the filter to hit the brace.
So its a trip to town for the FL500S.

Drove 120 miles through the beautiful middle Tennessee country side. Got a big thumbs up from a Porsche driver after
a very aggressive use of an four lane entrance ramp. .79 g. I love this car!!

Got mine in the shop for a whine in the rear end and a bubble on one of my door stripes....

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

The wife and I took a ride in the country on a beautiful, fall-like Texas day. Besides the front end covered in our infamous "love bugs" a vulture eating road kill decided to commit suicide on my drivers side A-pillar.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

Yeah after cleaning off some guts looks like a 2 inch scratch I'm gonna try to buff out today. I guess I'm thankful he didn't come in the open window!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Fomoco302 said:
The wife and I took a ride in the country on a beautiful, fall-like Texas day. Besides the front end covered in our infamous "love bugs" a vulture eating road kill decided to commit suicide on my drivers side A-pillar.
Better a suicidal Vuture than this one...

vulture-movie-poster1.jpg

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

Got the SAE 5 corrected results back from the Dyno. Red Key, no tune, Kooks LT's, Corsa's and CAI: 448 hp and 384 ftlbs max. Guess that partly explains my cooling issues. ;D Need to add a bit of weight back for TT3 :(

3 runs were 448.0/442.7/444.4:

RWHP%201_zpsxlhk2qk3.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors