The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Yeah, just ironic as I completed 3 track sessions at Watkins Glen without issue and it was my parallel parking job at dinner that screws my car up. :(

Tulsa, OK

Watched it rain for the first 3 sessions at Hallett yesterday. Then when it cleared up I broke an ARP stud torquing down my wheels :( So I didn't get to run at all.

I guess I just got a bad stud? The reason I upgraded is so they wouldn't break, but oh well.

roadhouse said:
Watched it rain for the first 3 sessions at Hallett yesterday. Then when it cleared up I broke an ARP stud torquing down my wheels :( So I didn't get to run at all.

I guess I just got a bad stud? The reason I upgraded is so they wouldn't break, but oh well.
Wow you don't hear that often. I'm told ARP will warranty them so you may be able to get a free replacement. You might want to check your torque wrench. My last one was off almost 20% meaning 120 ft/lbs at 100 on lug nuts :mad: I got a new digital Craftsman and confirmed it was properly calibrated with one of the Ford techs who had a $600 one from Snap-On.

Tulsa, OK

cloud9 said:
Wow you don't hear that often. I'm told ARP will warranty them so you may be able to get a free replacement. You might want to check your torque wrench. My last one was off almost 20% meaning 120 ft/lbs at 100 on lug nuts :mad: I got a new digital Craftsman and confirmed it was properly calibrated with one of the Ford techs who had a $600 one from Snap-On.

Yeah it shocked me and everyone else I was with at the track. I'll contact ARP this next week about it. My Craftsman torque wrench (twist style) is less than a year old but I may check the calibration. Thanks for the tip.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

I have been working on these headlights for days. Finally got them finished. I got the lights on ebay and the halos are from AAC they are oracle's.
995998_656930081006233_1375101458_n.jpg

1011962_656930167672891_1973570636_n.jpg

993698_656930217672886_639958361_n.jpg

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

ArizonaGT said:
Likewise Derek!

I hope you're coming back for tomorrow--the full "Mondo" track with the Bondurant side included is awesome!

Yep we stayed in PHX overnight did the Pavillions car show and did Mondo yesterday, you weren't joking that was a blast. Looking forward to doing more of the same

Tulsa, OK

All I think is "Camero" (sp error intentional) when I see the halos. Not a huge fan of the tint either. But the install looks clean 8)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

roadhouse said:
All I think is "Camero" (sp error intentional) when I see the halos. Not a huge fan of the tint either. But the install looks clean 8)
its not tint its molded that way. they arent stock headlights. I wasnt going to open up the OEM ones. They are stored safely in a box and with all the other stock parts sitting in the corner of the garage.

They make them for a wide range of muscle cars.
max5ive0 said:
That looks mean, Justin! Do those Halos change colors?
no these ones dont but they make some that do. you can get bi color ones or ones that change to multi colors.
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/mustangoraclehalokit.aspx

NFSBOSS said:
I like the tint over them but I'm not sure about the red. You should start a thread on what you did to them.
I didnt put tint on them they came smoked. When I bought them I thought the lens would be clear. here is the ebay listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300793416095?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
as for a thread I didnt take any pictures of me doing it. the provided instructions were spot on to how to split the housing and install the leds. their choice of adhesive was crap and it took lots of trail and error and repainting the head lamps inside to get them to stick and stay put. long story short peel off the crap tape on the lights and use emblem tape on the edges. Also the solder work on the leds were horrible and the wire used was thin and brittle and broke on me several times. I eventually just soldered on my own wire so I wouldnt have to mess with it.

for the amount of money I spent trying to get these things in was well over 400 bucks. Was it worth it? oh my yes the car just looks mean with them on. I choose red cause everyone does white or blue....I wanted it to look pissed off. If I had a grabber blue car I would have went with blue or if I had a GHIG I would have went with green.

Went to Carmel with the Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region. Good weather in the 80's out here on the west coast!

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6087.0

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel