The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddyfixer said:
You might want to check out the spoiler from 3d carbon .com . It has the Gurney flap, and no drilling . Easy installation and it looks great. I have had many compliments.
I'm not a fan of the 3D Carbon GT500 spoiler because of the painted on Gurney flap. I much prefer the OEM spoiler although it is more expensive. You just paid a big premium for a Boss over a 5.0 so why not get the real thing?

5 DOT 0 said:
daddyfixer said:
You might want to check out the spoiler from 3d carbon .com . It has the Gurney flap, and no drilling . Easy installation and it looks great. I have had many compliments.
I'm not a fan of the 3D Carbon GT500 spoiler because of the painted on Gurney flap. I much prefer the OEM spoiler although it is more expensive. You just paid a big premium for a Boss over a 5.0 so why not get the real thing?

..I trust Ford's R&D which most surely includes some wind tunnel time..

lbp said:
5 DOT 0 said:
daddyfixer said:

..I trust Ford's R&D which most surely includes some wind tunnel time..
It's a direct copy of the OEM piece so the aero is probably very similar. Rumor was Ford was going to offer different height flaps like they do on the FGT but I don't think they made them available. The 3D looks fine I just prefer the real thing.

Gee, I guess I wasn't thinking. ;D The Gurney flap is not painted on , it is a seperate inlay, and it is as close to the OEM as possible. I didn't say to buy one, I just said that one might want to check it out. I have many parts that are not OEM ;)

drano38 said:
Finished FRPP/ARP stud swap. Got them from CJ Pony for about $185. They don't keep them in stock, but shipped 6 days after I ordered.

Another 'easy' way to accomplish the install is to take two large, hardened washers and apply a layer of grease between them. Slid those over the new stud. Put the lug nut on and hit it with the air gun. The grease will allow slippage and greatly reduces the risk of stretching or otherwise damaging the threads on the stud.

I would have taken pictures when I did mine, but it was too damn cold and I just wanted to get done ;)

CaliMR said:
I don't know how to feel about that.

Well, the Boss is essentially a GT with a different motor and suspension....................

ihatepotholess said:
a base one to boot... ;D

That is as it should be ;D

I decided I don't care it is the regular wing, other than that you would think they would put one with more downforce given it is a "track" car. GT500 wing is growing on my though. I'm thinking 302S grill, then underside scoops, then maybe the wing if I have the monies left over for it. Eventually the LS suspension or something comparable aftermarket if I end up tracking it a lot.

Oh and it was sunny and 47 today. Now I've officially driven the Boss year round as this makes 12 consecutive months that I've been able to drive it 8) Definitely a first in my lifetime being able to drive the Mustang in the winter. It's usually 5 months of hibernation.

Nice!
If I bring along homemade brauts for everyone, can I invite myself to the party?

I'm OK with not driving the Boss--don't want to get into the salt residue.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel