The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's 28' long. I have the regular Boss front splitter not the LS. It does rub slightly on the ramp but less than my old trailer. If I do put on the LS splitter I'm going to need to figure out some race ramps.

Well after what seems like forever my Aeroforce gauge is finally here and ready for install. ::)

P1030010.jpg

cloud9 said:
It's 28' long. I have the regular Boss front splitter not the LS. It does rub slightly on the ramp but less than my old trailer. If I do put on the LS splitter I'm going to need to figure out some race ramps.

I hit the spliter on my door the first time I loaded my Boss. Now I have two 3 foot long 2x6 boards that I put down on my ramp to drive up on. No problems anymore.

smittytx said:
cloud9 said:

I hit the spliter on my door the first time I loaded my Boss. Now I have two 3 foot long 2x6 boards that I put down on my ramp to drive up on. No problems anymore.
Great I'll give that a try. Do you have them laying half way on the ground and half on the ramp or just barely on the ramp?

If I put the big splitter on, I think I'll get a pair of those. But, if I put the big splitter on, I'll need a bigger wing. Great, more $$$$......

cloud9 said:
If I put the big splitter on, I think I'll get a pair of those. But, if I put the big splitter on, I'll need a bigger wing. Great, more $$$$......

This guy has decent ramps at an OK price:

http://www.darkhorseracing.net/trailer_ramps.htm

Looks like a good idea for an enclosed trailer where they will hang down on the rear hatch/ramp when the door is closed. For an open trailer these don't seem to make sense - the ramps would hit the rear of my Boss when it's on the trailer and you try to fold them into the closed position.

cloud9 said:

The additional downforce of the Tiger hood would require a larger rear wing ?? Obviously the larger air splitter and the LS wing are compatible.

PeteInCT said:
Looks like a good idea for an enclosed trailer where they will hang down on the rear hatch/ramp when the door is closed. For an open trailer these don't seem to make sense - the ramps would hit the rear of my Boss when it's on the trailer and you try to fold them into the closed position.

True :-\

...although I have seen some guys fix them in place perpendicular to the trailer floor for travel.
Gotta love that aluminum trailer. I've borrowed one in the past. - What a difference in performance & fuel consumption to my enclosed 24 footer!!
That articulating floor looks cool.

PeteInCT said:
cloud9 said:

The additional downforce of the Tiger hood would require a larger rear wing ?? Obviously the larger air splitter and the LS wing are compatible.

Put the battery in the trunk. ;D ;D

lbp said:
PeteInCT said:

...although I have seen some guys fix them in place perpendicular to the trailer floor for travel.
Gotta love that aluminum trailer. I've borrowed one in the past. - What a difference in performance & fuel consumption to my enclosed 24 footer!!

She weighs 1900 lbs, heavier than some but it's long and has 4800 lb rated axles.

PeteInCT said:
lbp said:
PeteInCT said:

She weighs 1900 lbs, heavier than some but it's long and has 4800 lb rated axles.

Nice..

PeteInCT said:

That is very nice, I am sorry I only went with an 18'. I did not realize how much and how fast I added things to carry to the track.

I see a few people using the race ramps with enclosed trailers but the 2x6's seem to be the most popular choice. They work :D

The size on this is a bit unique I think. The tilt platform is a full 20' and it's actually listed as a 20' trailer. For some reason they don't count the extra 2' (actually a little bit less I think, maybe 20") that is ahead of the tilt platform. It's made by ALUMA. I was very close to getting a Featherlite but this gave me more bang for the buck and seemed to be made just as well. I'll find out soon, the tires of the Boss haven't hit the ramps yet ;D

PeteInCT said:
It may. Paul told me to try it first. Since I don't have the big front splitter, the LS rear wing may be enough to compensate for the hood. That said, I'm assuming if I put the big splitter on and have the hood, it MAY require this intermediate wing. Adam just emailed me these pics. The reason they are coming out with the intermediate wing is for street cars with the hood. The full 302S wing's a little big for a street car. This wing is supposed to match up to the LS holes so no additional drilling required for LS owners or people like me that already put the LS wing on their car.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cloud9 said:
PeteInCT said:
It may. Paul told me to try it first. Since I don't have the big front splitter, the LS rear wing may be enough to compensate for the hood. That said, I'm assuming if I put the big splitter on and have the hood, it MAY require this intermediate wing. Adam just emailed me these pics. The reason they are coming out with the intermediate wing is for street cars with the hood. The full 302S wing's a little big for a street car. This wing is supposed to match up to the LS holes so no additional drilling required for LS owners or people like me that already put the LS wing on their car.

Got's to git me one of those ! That's puppy looks sick (in a good way) ;D Which wing is this and how much downforce does it create vs. the stock LS wing ?

It's a brand new wing being developed by Tiger Racing. I don't have the specs on the actual downforce, but it's somewhere between the LS wing and the 302S wing. The front splitter will become pretty spendy if I have to couple it with this wing and some race ramps :eek: Might be a good one for NEXT winter mods. Of course it's probably only the cost of a set of tires. I'll try that logic on the wife ;D

That wing looks to be a quality piece, but it's a bit tall for me to consider running on the street. Maybe for a track-only car. But TBH, if I'm going to spend money on a rear wing, adjustable might be the way to go.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel