The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
It's a brand new wing being developed by Tiger Racing. I don't have the specs on the actual downforce, but it's somewhere between the LS wing and the 302S wing. The front splitter will become pretty spendy if I have to couple it with this wing and some race ramps :eek: Might be a good one for NEXT winter mods. Of course it's probably only the cost of a set of tires. I'll try that logic on the wife ;D

I don't see it on their website yet...

PeteInCT said:
cloud9 said:
It's a brand new wing being developed by Tiger Racing. I don't have the specs on the actual downforce, but it's somewhere between the LS wing and the 302S wing. The front splitter will become pretty spendy if I have to couple it with this wing and some race ramps :eek: Might be a good one for NEXT winter mods. Of course it's probably only the cost of a set of tires. I'll try that logic on the wife ;D

I don't see it on their website yet...

..Change one thing & for sure, 6 more will follow. :p

That wing looks interesting for sure but looks like it will block the view almost completely out the rear window. I'm not sure that would be a good thing for HPDE events. The normal LS wing blocks enough of the lower view as it is now. It will be something to keep an eye on and look forward to reports but with the front splitter and LS wing I find my car to be well balanced.

2012YellowBoss said:
That wing looks interesting for sure but looks like it will block the view almost completely out the rear window. I'm not sure that would be a good thing for HPDE events. The normal LS wing blocks enough of the lower view as it is now. It will be something to keep an eye on and look forward to reports but with the front splitter and LS wing I find my car to be well balanced.

Since the Tiger Hood is offered on the track cars with the 302s/r spoiler (assuming it is the same spoiler for both, as per the 302 race hero card), it would make sense that they would work well together, as designed.

Darn, and just last night I told my wife that after the 302S hood I was finished... ;D Any idea how much it will cost?

img0075oj.jpg

2012YellowBoss said:
I'll just post his full comments to Adam:

"Pretty much done and I've been playing with the final version on a street driver. We should be ready to ship in the next couple of weeks.It does block a little of the rear view mirror view, but in order to make the spoiler work, raising it up off the deck higher works better and we run the center a little higher yet to pick up some better aero with the disturbed air of the center of the roof.

Attached are a couple of pictures, it's off to paint tomorrow so we can get official press photos taken."

2012YellowBoss said:
That wing looks interesting for sure but looks like it will block the view almost completely out the rear window. I'm not sure that would be a good thing for HPDE events.

Wait, the Boss is always up front, so who cares if we can see back? ;D

And does the driver need a pilots license to fly that big wing? If so, I'm good to go. :D

drano38 said:

I use to think that running this fall with some clubs, then I ran the PBOC event at Sebring and spent the better part of my time on track pointing others by :eek: I think I was the least experienced person out there.

I would do the hood before that wing but I am still interested to hear the results of anyone who adds it.

2012YellowBoss said:
drano38 said:

I use to think that running this fall with some clubs, then I ran the PBOC event at Sebring and spent the better part of my time on track pointing others by :eek: I think I was the least experienced person out there.

I would do the hood before that wing but I am still interested to hear the results of anyone who adds it.

- Slow in, fast out. Every time out I try to relax, start slow & build to a comfortable speed.
(keep an eye on) but don't worry about what the fast guys are doing. They were right where you are not long ago & will be happy to give you some tips, if you like!
...Don't let the adrenaline take control & you'll be fine. :)

Another half a winter mod that I did this morning in my dining room cause of a little snow squall.
IMG00310-20120211-1335.jpg

CDC's RTR aluminum rear spoiler that I am installing along with the TruCarbon trunklid in a week or so. Really nice quality. (decklid will be painted, I am not a r1c3r, just crazy :D
Also ordered the Ford Racing air to oil cooler from Gary Yeoman's Ford, $1135 shipped today.

Steve

Has anyone installed one of the electronic gauges that plugs into the OBD port? I seem to remember (but could be wrong) a post about how the stock oil pressure sensor only gives info for the oil life calculator and does not actually trigger a warning light when it is low. There are a few things I would like to be able to see and log, but it doesn't seem like the stock computer feeds most of them through the OBD.

TMSBOSS said:
5DOT0

Loking at the Aeroforce gauge(s) as my next mod.

Eager to see your comments once programed.

Leaning toward the double guage.

Your thoughts??
It depends on how many parameters you want to monitor and whether you want them to be static or cyclic. You can set a single gauge to cyclic scan up to 8 parameters displaying 2 at a time. I have mine set to ECT (CHT) and IAT currently. I'm ordering an oil temp sensor to add with my FRPP oil cooler so will probably just monitor ECT (CHT) and oil temp. If you want to see A/F bank one and two, you might want another gauge, or if you're going to add a sender for oil pressure etc. I have mine mounted in the A/C vent pod to the left of the steering wheel so just one gauge for me. I don't like the obstruction from A pillar gauges or on top of the dash.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel