The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It depends on how many parameters you want to monitor and whether you want them to be static or cyclic. You can set a single gauge to cyclic scan up to 8 parameters displaying 2 at a time. I have mine set to ECT (CHT) and IAT currently. I'm ordering an oil temp sensor to add with my FRPP oil cooler so will probably just monitor ECT (CHT) and oil temp. If you want to see A/F bank one and two, you might want another gauge, or if you're going to add a sender for oil pressure etc. I have mine mounted in the A/C vent pod to the left of the steering wheel so just one gauge for me. I don't like the obstruction from A pillar gauges or on top of the dash.
[/quote]

I would like to add oil pressure, water temp for sure. Oil temp maybe. I have not tracked the car, yet so we will see about other data, A/F etc.

I am also not to excited about mounting on the pillar. Unsure how easy it will be to read the gauge if mounted in the A\C vent. Did you find yourself "Looking" for the gauge or is in fairly obvious? I would hate to miss something. Did that once with a 68 BB vette when a oil pump driveshaft broke on a fresh rebuild. Nope, motor was not "Fresh" by the time I saw the issue. Another reason to go with the idiot lights.

There are many good posts/links for installing, some from you I believe. Some here some on TMS. Just need to decide about mount location and number of gauges.

Thanks

Trace

It's easy to see. You can also program the "Annunciator" to set off the two red lights once a parameter is reached. For example I have ECT (engine coolant temp) set to trigger if it goes above 245. The PCM will throw you into limp mode at about 254. You can get ECT (which is really reading cylinder head temp) from the factory sensors through the OBD. It's an inferred value. To get oil pressure or temp, you need to wire in an optional sender. I'm going to stick with the factory oil pressure sender since it's wired to the PCM, but am adding an oil temp sender.

What's the difference between ECT and Head Temp 2? I have mine set on HT2 and was surprised to see temps just over 200 within the two miles I drove it. Like Gary I may add the oil temp sensor since we already have the oil pressure idiot light.

The install was pretty easy although I was a bit concerned just yanking on the dash piece to remove it. :p

You get used to it. I have had the dash out of my truck a bunch of times and the wiring in there looks like a idiot redid it (which is basically true ;D )

5 DOT 0 said:
What's the difference between ECT and Head Temp 2? I have mine set on HT2 and was surprised to see temps just over 200 within the two miles I drove it. Like Gary I may add the oil temp sensor since we already have the oil pressure idiot light.

The install was pretty easy although I was a bit concerned just yanking on the dash piece to remove it. :p

GOOD QUESTION! ;-)

5 DOT 0 said:
I like the looks of the RTR spoiler a lot but I'd prefer something that's been wind tunnel tested by Ford like the LS or GT500 spoilers.

Looks kinda like a NASCAR spoiler. ;D ;D ;D

I'm just about finished with the winter mods. Got the sub belt eyebolts installed in the floor earlier this week and today I finally installed the fire extinguisher. Had to modify the wire bracket a bit to fit the adapter plate, but nothing too tough. Only downside is it adds 7.2 lbs :(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5 DOT 0 said:
lbp said:
5 DOT 0 said:
I like the looks of the RTR spoiler a lot but I'd prefer something that's been wind tunnel tested by Ford like the LS or GT500 spoilers.

Looks kinda like a NASCAR spoiler. ;D ;D ;D
Which will look killer with Steve's Wood Brothers theme. 8)

That is what I thought first time I sawn it. The only question I have is should I paint the plate that goes on the decklid red or leave it all matte black? The top of the trunk will be red as will the roof and the vents on the tiger hood. Let me know what you all think. Or is that y'all? 14 days till I am in Daytona!!
Steve

steveespo said:
14 days till I am in Daytona!!
Steve
Nice! One of these years I'm going to have to set up a tour.....VIR, Daytona, maybe Road Atlanta. Two 11 hour days just to pull to VIR so it would have to be multiple stops to be worth the trip.......

cloud9 said:
I'm just about finished with the winter mods. Got the sub belt eyebolts installed in the floor earlier this week and today I finally installed the fire extinguisher. Had to modify the wire bracket a bit to fit the adapter plate, but nothing too tough. Only downside is it adds 7.2 lbs :(

Gary - Is that mount totally stock and made for the Mustang or is it a home brew ?

steveespo said:
That is what I thought first time I sawn it. The only question I have is should I paint the plate that goes on the decklid red or leave it all matte black? The top of the trunk will be red as will the roof and the vents on the tiger hood. Let me know what you all think. Or is that y'all? 14 days till I am in Daytona!!
Steve
Hmmm, all red just like their race car.

02E89119903D4EB1B0E63D24DE3B1810.ashx

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel