The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know little about the wing except my son says it's a "MUST HAVE - IT LOOKS SICK". ;D

Do you lose the trunksapce becuase you simply cannot open the trunk due to clearance of the wing or is it a more involved mounting system that locks the trunk permanantly ? My LS is a towed 'track queen', she'll see no 'grocery getter' functions so I'd give up the trunk outside of access to the shocks for adjustment. Cloud9 mentioned that there a new wing coming out that is somewhere between the LS stock wing and the 302S G-Force option.

5 DOT 0 said:
Nice write-up Pete. I started my many mods today with installing my Steeda Oil separator. Up for tomorrow are GT500 mufflers and Roush side splitters.

I did the GT500s before winter, and you're going to love them, very good match soundwise to the side exhausts, and they bring the overall tone a little deeper ( vs the side open which were very midrangey with the stock rear ABs). at first you'll think nothing changed, but after 100miles they'll open up :)

thanks for the write up on the Aeroforce Pete !, that's my next mod too, but I've been debating too long which face color, bezel color, combo to get^^ so far Im at black bezel, black face, no writing, and white writing to increase visibility.

Mine came with both a black and polished aluminium bezel and both a black and a white faceplate. I stayed with Black/Black.

Rom,

My Aeroforce is black/white lettering, which can be inverted for white or black letters thru the simple menu.
As PeteinCT said, they all come w/ black and white faces and black and silver trim rings, so you can install the flavor you like. I used the black ring. I think I've got the white face--I can't remember because the Boss has been under the cover for a month.
When installed, it looks like it was factory installed and blends in well.

Pete, somewhere on their site is the installation instructions. You install structural mounts inside the trunk and the wing attaches to the mounts.

http://www.g-stream.com/C800.html

I'm going to order the gauge sometime early next year and I want it to look as OEM as possible. I think Gary uses blue/black on the LCD with a silver ring. I might order the optional SVT gauge face just for fun. Or maybe have a friend that does pin striping add Boss 302 to the gauge face. ;)

rom said:
I did the GT500s before winter, and you're going to love them, very good match soundwise to the side exhausts, and they bring the overall tone a little deeper ( vs the side open which were very midrangey with the stock rear ABs). at first you'll think nothing changed, but after 100miles they'll open up :)
Thanks for the tip. I had a chance to hear them with Scott's 3/4" discs installed on another members Boss and it will be a nice improvement without being too loud. I'm pretty sure they weigh a few pounds less as well and will weigh them before I install them and post the results. Just yesterday a neighbor of mine asked me if I did anything to my Boss because he thought it sounded quieter. He's mentioned before that my car is loud. I didn't tell him wait until tomorrow. ;D

I stopped by the body shop to pick up my stock hood so I could put it up in the attic with all my other stock parts. Unfortunately it's filling up :-\ They had the front clip and bumper off it so they must be getting ready to install the tow hooks.

I put the stock hood on the scale and it weighs 37 lbs so I just dropped 17 lbs off the front :D Under high speed conditions with the air flowing out of the engine bay versus lifting on it like a parachute I'm guessing I dropped a couple hundred pounds ;)

Jza1736 said:
Gary, Now you will never know why you gained 5 seconds. Was it the hood or the TK? ;) can't wait till the spring!
LOL 5 seconds would mean someone else is driving my car! This snow-free winter has been awesome. I'm getting so many things done with the car. Spring can't come soon enough though :D

drano38 said:
Rom,

My Aeroforce is black/white lettering, which can be inverted for white or black letters thru the simple menu.
As PeteinCT said, they all come w/ black and white faces and black and silver trim rings, so you can install the flavor you like. I used the black ring. I think I've got the white face--I can't remember because the Boss has been under the cover for a month.
When installed, it looks like it was factory installed and blends in well.

thanks, what I meant is you can as for a ' no writing no logo' screen black face, and that I think is what Im going to get, that way with the black bezel it will look like its not even there, except that when it turns on, with the white digits against the black screen choice option, it'll be highly visible (picked that info up on another forum where a convertible member couldnt see the blue digits) :p

I received my 302S grille today. Immediately took it down to the shop and hit the farmost left and right areas with the dremel tool. It should add some additional airflow. Overall, I think the Rousch billet aluminium grill would provide even more airflow if you are not concerned with losing the look of the original grille. In retrospect I would choose that option from a pure performance perspective, and it's even less expensive that this 302S grille. My hope is that this plus the still forthcoming oil cooler from FRPP will prevent any overheats. I also have the Aeroforce gauge monitoring the water temp with the annunciator option on.

2011-12-17_20-35-36_492.jpg

2011-12-17_20-34-15_309.jpg

I'll post a pic when I get it on the car, probably tomorrow.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel