The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT said:
Rick - WHat did you do to lower the front end ? Car looks great.
It's top secret. Ford Racing will make an announcement about it soon. ;)

That's what my scale showed. Key thing there is they are about 7 pounds lighter per pair.

Pete nice work on the grill and I agree with you that a bar grill will flow more air. Kendall posted this on another forum and it's what I'm planning on doing (this week). It's the grill from the Cobra Jet drag car. The specs state it will not fit with a stock hood and one of Kendall's friends has it mounted on a LS with a 302S hood. One bonus for me is the surround is painted white which ties in nicely with the white striped cars. This would be an easy swap for use on the track and then install the stock grill for the street. Or just run it all the time...

CobraJetGrill1.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
PeteInCT said:
I guess the front in lowering is a big secret ! ;D
You can't see if from the angle of the photo but the cars rear end is sitting up on 10" high Race Ramps and the splitter is almost on the ground.

P1020833.jpg

ahahah thats great :)

Tflong24 said:
5 DOT O, im sure it has been asked before, but where did you get your wheels. How much and what size? Are they GT500 replicas or Ford Racing? Thanks
Yes they are the Ford Racing wheels. CJ Pony has one of the best prices on them.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.aspx?p=W103&utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant&utm_campaign=shopping

5 DOT 0 said:
Pete nice work on the grill and I agree with you that a bar grill will flow more air. Kendall posted this on another forum and it's what I'm planning on doing (this week). It's the grill from the Cobra Jet drag car. The specs state it will not fit with a stock hood and one of Kendall's friends has it mounted on a LS with a 302S hood. One bonus for me is the surround is painted white which ties in nicely with the white striped cars. This would be an easy swap for use on the track and then install the stock grill for the street. Or just run it all the time...

CobraJetGrill1.jpg

Rick,

Could you post pics of that grille with white surround when you get it installed? I was eventually thinking of doing this as well... Probably will get another boss grille and put in wire mesh and paint the surround white eventually. I'm thinking this will look nice and different...

The Roush side splitters add 20 lbs. of downforce over 150 MPH. ;)

Thank you potholes. No news on the FRPP springs and I don't expect any for maybe two more months.

I wouldn't go out and buy the CJ grill until we have further confirmation that it will work with a stock hood. The only one I know of installed on a Boss so far uses a 302S hood. See below. It clearly states that it will not work with a 2010 hood. Maybe the 2011+ hood has as slightly different design?

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2010_COBRA_JET_GRILLE_p/m-5767-cj10.htm

http://www.race-mart.com/Ford_Racing-FMS-M-5767-CJ10.html

CobraJetGrill.jpg

cloud9 said:
Body shop just called and asked if I wanted to install a washer nozzle relocation kit to the wipers or just cap them off. Looks like LMR sells a kit for $60. Opinions? It's not like I drive it in the conditions that usually require the squirters, but then again, hate to get caught and can't see.....

Should have skipped them, that way you can get rid of the "filled for life" washer bottle. I am sure that weights more then the hood!

cloud9 said:
A friend of mine came over today and helped me finish up my roll bar. It came out really good. He has a brand new Sparco race seat that I'm going to buy from him since he decided not to put one on his passenger side. We'll work on installing the harness lap belt and sub belt eye bolts next. I may try to get it in for the hood next week if the weather cooperates. We got about an inch of snow yesterday but it's mostly gone from the main streets and they didn't have to salt. Here are some pics. Sorry about the low light, but it's trapped inside the garage for now......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice...
Thanks for the reply.
Lee.

2012YellowBoss said:
cloud9 said:
Body shop just called and asked if I wanted to install a washer nozzle relocation kit to the wipers or just cap them off. Looks like LMR sells a kit for $60. Opinions? It's not like I drive it in the conditions that usually require the squirters, but then again, hate to get caught and can't see.....

Should have skipped them, that way you can get rid of the "filled for life" washer bottle. I am sure that weights more then the hood!
Good call. I decided to do just that. I canceled the order for the nozzle relocation kit and just pulled the bottle along with the gallon of washer fluid :D I thought about it and realized I might have used the washer once, maybe twice all year. So I probably dropped 8-10 lbs and improved the flow path on the passenger side brake cooling hose ;)

cloud9 said:
Good call. I decided to do just that. I canceled the order for the nozzle relocation kit and just pulled the bottle along with the gallon of washer fluid :D I thought about it and realized I might have used the washer once, maybe twice all year. So I probably dropped 8-10 lbs and improved the flow path on the passenger side brake cooling hose ;)

If I was doing the hood I would remove it all myself. Had a friend here in town that put the hood on a LS and did not connect them as far as I know. Also your point of the brakes ducts is another thought I had, I was able to relocate mine far enough away with some tie straps. If I did not accomplish this during the install I was going to remove it.

After all what is the worst that can happen, need to make a gas station pit stop for two minutes to clean the windshield?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel