The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorious August day today....Woke up to fall like temps in the 50's.....cold front came thru yesterday with thunder that shook the house!!!!!!!! Had the Boss out today for a nice ride...Boss just turned 37K on the clock...........Boss clock only moves when I'm driving ....Mine never stops, for now.........................That new super Mustang GTD don't concern any of us, so just worry about what you got!!!!!!!!!................IF you could afford it, you still probably couldn't get one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Shout out to Bill P. ...................Bill, You mentioned in a post recently that 72 has it's cross hairs on you. Just remember...........You're only young once, but how long you stay that way is up to you!!!! Father Time may fight us on this, tho..................................................:banghead:

Son by with the Boys yesterday.....He took the Boss out to Trader Joe's for some stuff and came back with some Trader Joe's brownies for me....Those things are GREAT!!!!I gotta admit I'm addicted............It must be the sea salt they infuse on the top that makes them irresistible...............................warning...Don't try them..you'll be hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way off TMO business........I've had 2 electric shavers in recent years....The first was a Noelco...not bad...lasted 2 yrs before the rechargeable battery said goodbye.then a Remington shaver.I'm impressed with this!!!....Great shave and the battery lasts forever!!.....I use my Edge and regular razor once in a while just so I don't forget how shaving used to be.....

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Not to 72 till near the end or 23, but autocrossing with my son is keeping me mentally sharp ( trying to remember where the damn course is going ), helping me get my exercise ( the last damn course was 1.1 miles long ) as I walked the cone laden course 3 times, and helping me keep my kidneys functioning ( it has been so damn hot I am consuming enough water to two AARP members ). My reflexes are not what they used to be , but I felt years ago that screaming around of pylons improved focus, control and placement for drivers when they go to a road course. All that being said, my mind till operates at around 21, I guess, because my wife's most common statement to me is, " Oh, grow up !" I take that to mean I don't act my age, since her second comment to me is, " Oh act your age."

Interesting tidbit of weather data.........Here, In Ct, last summer we had 39 days of 90 plus temps......this yr, so far, just, 12......none in August....I'm not complaining AT ALL!!!!!!....I just feel so bad for those poor folks in the midwest/south who are sweltering this summer...........lotta deaths attributed to that heat!......Hurricane season ramping up now.....Hang on to your hats!!!!!

Last edited:
That Ryan Preece crash last nite at Daytona was the worst one I've seen in a LONG time! I'm so glad He's around to talk about it!.....It reminded me of a similar Rusty Wallace crash years ago at either Daytona or Talletega.......I Hate Blaney got taken out like He did.......Baba made it to the playoffs, but not Chase Elliot......first time in 7 yrs............Sad camp over there.........

Last edited:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
NASCAR mandates those cages to be strong these days. Couple times the car looked to be in the air so high you could walk under it without ducking. Last tumble looked like the car was right-side up about 8 feet in the air and did a 180 roll slamming into the ground on the roof & driver's A-pillar. Good to see the roof looked pretty much in place after that.

Son took the Boss out for a ride yesterday with a lady friend and came back with a Modern pizza..https://modernapizza.com/ for me and Hon!!!!......I'm SO glad the nut don't fall far from the tree!!!!!!!!!!!.......:hellyeah:

Last edited:
Son forgot to return the Boss keys yesterday so now I'm trapped in my humble abode with no escape out!!!!!!!!!!............Thank God for the other set I have hidden somewhere............Where the heck is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Boy...I could make a movie about all the stuff that has happened to me during my time on this planet and it might make an oscar winner......but one thing is for sure.....My driving My Boss will be forever in my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............AMEN!!!

What's this I hear Labor Day Weekend is coming up this weekend????????????....I know time flies when you're having fun, but this is ridicules!!!...Summer closing down already????..Wasn't yesterday Memorial Day????....The start of summer????.....I Know....Reality check marches on ..............The Boss don't care...........I quess I should just roll with punches, myself..............

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ridicules? Bob , fire Susie Spellcheck, I think you mean ridiculous, ha? One thing I love about TMO is the " Edit " button stays on forever in the main Thread Sections and we can go back and fix the dang things our current AI Robo Helpers inject into our written conversations. You have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend and keep posting you ole Thread Monster!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel