The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Progress....

277813823_349882147107242_7704232252822078926_n.jpg452287792_840758414686277_3412764875566861067_n.jpg452321329_840812434680875_6298010292685959556_n.jpg

Currently have a sick taste in my mouth for the hobby due to a certain vendor that starts with C and ends in X.

Also starting my new job tomorrow, don't want to be tired for my first day. The heat beats me up.
Please tell me not Cortex, I was looking at some suspension from them.

Currently have a sick taste in my mouth for the hobby due to a certain vendor that starts with C and ends in X.

Also starting my new job tomorrow, don't want to be tired for my first day. The heat beats me up.
Tell me about it, i did race car prep for a few days followed by a trackday at sonoma, followed by sticking a motor in my car today and I have to go back to work in the same damn shop tomorrow…..Im beat.

Please tell me not Cortex, I was looking at some suspension from them.
What I’m hearing is that Rick is traveling with Kohr Motorsports so when he’s on the road service requests don’t happen as quickly.

And there it is, my son’s first time in the car and first time ever on this track:
(Car has a little understeer, we’ll get that sorted out)

Last edited:
Almost there:
Just the engine harness, intake manifold, a few hoses (and body/aero parts) and it’s off to the dyno! 😍

IMG_8123.jpegIMG_8124.jpeg

What I’m hearing is that Rick is traveling with Kohr Motorsports so when he’s on the road service requests don’t happen as quickly.
He's not traveling with Kohr, but he's at the same events with another team, so I see him all the time.
FWIW, I prefer Ford Performance stuff, but from an aftermarket point of view, my stuff would either be Bruce at Full Tilt Boogie Racing or Rick's stuff at Cortex. Nothing else is even on my radar.

Ricky is working with McCumbee McAleer Racing in Mustang Challenge and Michelin Pilot Cup. I will ask him to check his messages this week. Whether he does or not is a different matter entirely. LOL Seriously he is super busy during the season as he also supports a three car Trans Am effort too.

LOVE my s1sequential shifter!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel