The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I read Sal's post this morning....I felt bad that He had to go thru that BS!!!!!!!!! What can you say to comfort someone who goes thru that? I went thru something similar but not that bad a few yrs ago.........My 1996 Caddy (north star) was parked on the street in front of our house on Halloween Eve and vandals smashed the driver's door glass and rear window for "mischief night"...........When I was growing up kids soaped windows not smashing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............Morals have changed in this day and age............That's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!..........gun violence is out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............This is not a forum issue or topic, just an observation..................................back to regular Mustang conversation, please...........

DSC_0752 (Large).JPGDSC_0734 (Large).JPGDSC_0682 (Large).JPG

Chris, your emoji with symbols on a face expresses what a lot of what most of us want to say about Sal's misfortune.....it's a family show so we'll bite our tongues and hide our guns...my water pistol included..........Oh no!!!!...LE didn't know about the water pistol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sucks about the robbery, but glad to see your back at the track at last. Sonoma looks like a fun!
Unfortunately that was the last ride. Someone has been trying to buy the car for awhile and now with the latest developments I will not be able to finish out the season. As soon as I see the green everything racecar will be gone.

Unfortunately that was the last ride. Someone has been trying to buy the car for awhile and now with the latest developments I will not be able to finish out the season. As soon as I see the green everything racecar will be gone.
Yuck! But you won't be without a Mustang for long... I see a vintage or something like a Mach 1 to play with in the future :). Good luck and hope everything goes smoothly with the sale!

I hate to hear that. I have enjoyed watching your track videos over the years. All great things must come to an end but this seems a bit premature. You are still very capable of winning.

I hate to hear that. I have enjoyed watching your track videos over the years. All great things must come to an end but this seems a bit premature. You are still very capable of winning.
I was quite a bit faster than anyone in class…..would have been an easy sweep. 😢 There’s video I need to render. May be some interesting moments.

Not too eventful....but here it is:

The last ride of Frankenstang:

Last edited:
I was quite a bit faster than anyone in class…..would have been an easy sweep. 😢 There’s video I need to render. May be some interesting moments.
Sal at his best !! Awesome session !! Great “last” ride for sure !!
Faster was an understatement as you were cutting through the slower cars like a hot knife thru butter !! 🔪🧈 Again Sal, great video !!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel