The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now here’s a blast from the past:
The maiden voyage of my T Bird way back in in 1992. Brand new and un painted.
First outing in a car I never drove before on a track I never saw before; Track record, trophy dash and main event wins. We had officially arrived.

20240814_102512.jpeg

Now here’s a blast from the past:
The maiden voyage of my T Bird way back in in 1992. Brand new and un painted.
First outing in a car I never drove before on a track I never saw before; Track record, trophy dash and main event wins. We had officially arrived.

View attachment 97782
I would say you arrived in style! I bet that turned some heads!!

I would say you arrived in style! I bet that turned some heads!!
And stomachs....we basically dominated the western states for two years in a row.

First race on the car:
Track record
Trophy dash win
Main event win

Last race on the car:

Track record
Trophy dash win
Main event win

(Last to first in 1/2 Lap.....broke the track record by more than a full second)

*Drivers Interview at the end*

Last edited:
Some shots from today.
Headed to the dyno in the am.
I haven’t seen my lift empty since 2022.IMG_0925.jpegIMG_0926.jpegIMG_0927.jpegIMG_0928.jpegIMG_0931.jpegIMG_0932.jpegIMG_0933.jpegIMG_0929.jpegIMG_0930.jpegIMG_0934.jpeg

Frankenstang lives and the monster is now loose to ravage the road course countryside of the West Coast to the horror of all his competitors!
Lets see if it survives the dyno first.

Time to BoP the **** out of it...
Yeah, ya know I’ve heard that crap all my life, it’s always something about the car but no matter how much weight they put on me or how small they make my carburetor or narrow my track it always ends up the same. Me up front. No matter what car or what engine or what class I run, it’s always the same thing. I find my way to the front. I have driven cars for other teams. Still, Me up front. Those who have been around long enough to have seen me go through this crap for decades, know.

Sal , was that a 12A , 13B, turbo ? What gives on that triangle? I miss Rotary's !
That was a stock 12a with a 2bbl Webber and some porting. Literally a $600.00 motor. There were a half dozen other cars with the same engine/chassis type combinations. All ran mid pack. I did the same with motorcycles, every class in oval track, I even ran a couple off road races with VORA in a buggy…same deal, me up front. Autocross: B/modified championship. My biggest critics car owner finally put me in his car so I could see what was wrong with it and I set a track record and handed it back to him and said “there’s nothing wrong with it.” I have that on video somewhere. I ran a 100 lap open comp tour car race and finished top 5 first time in the car. They finally made the car in the video illegal in every way dispite being 100% legal so I built a car fur a customer the following year perfect to all the new rules with a Toyota motor and drove it once and cleaned up all weekend with it. I sat on the scales fur a half hour screaming at the top of my lungs “Weigh my car you chicken shiznit mother fuckers” but no one came…..finally the tech guy came over and said “no one’s coming….you just embarrassed everyone who’s been complaining about you for 2 years. Nobody has the balls to face you.“ true story.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel