The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Interesting that this engine is a bit peaky-er than your last one - did you change anything re: cams, intake, etc.?

Overall a great power curve regardless!

Interesting that this engine is a bit peaky-er than your last one - did you change anything re: cams, intake, etc.?

Overall a great power curve regardless!
Is it? I changed nothing right down to the air cleaner. Same/same.

Here we go…..

Last edited:
3272# when you back out a 260# driver and a 100# fuel load. (3200 completely Dry)
It’s going to have to be good enough. 🤨

456962693_861761672585951_3319182144948016955_n.jpg
456866242_861762775919174_5548106372094986626_n.jpg

1f928.png

Last edited:
Good stuff. I was 3190 with no splitter, no driver and 1/2 tank of gas. Looks like I've got some weight I can lose.
Yeah, add a full cage and heavy cast 12" wheels to that....there is still weight to pull for you.
Got a heater and A/C? Glass windows? Gutted doors? Stock seats?

Last edited:
Why fight the brake hoses all the way up to the nose every time there’s a refresh, not to mention wasting all that expensive hose. Just build the front half out of aluminum tube and mount it to the frame so you only have to replace 26” of it and it’s waaay easier to do. Follow me for more race car tips. LOL. 😂

IMG_8555.jpeg
IMG_8556.jpeg

Alright, that’s it….all set up.
Let’s hope Sonoma is as smooth as they say it is because this is about as soft and as low as it’s ever been so….that’s how it’s gonna be. Stay tuned. 🥸

IMG_8557.jpeg

Well things aren’t looking very good right now. I was running 1:45.0 at Sonoma on 2 year old scrubs leftover from nationals in 2022 and a damn ball joint broke.
Then on the way home somebody smashed the window in my truck and stole all my gear. I’m screwed. 😢

image000002.jpegIMG_1065.jpeg
IMG_1066.jpeg

Last edited:
One always feels safe at the track leaving things open , yet many of us have had things occur off site , or on the way home. Sorry to hear the issues and I feel for you! Years ago, due to a smaller incident I decided not to ever list anything on my trailer as it seems stating you have a race trailer attracts friggin thieves.

Do keep us posted and hopefully you will get back to the track this year.

Well things aren’t looking very good right now. I was running 1:45.0 at Sonoma on 2 year old scrubs leftover from nationals in 2022 and a damn ball joint broke. Then on the way home somebody smashed the window in my truck and stole all my gear. I’m screwed. 😢
Hate to hear of the bad luck. Hopefully you didn't hit anything when the ball joint broke. Losing your gear just sucks. It isn't much good to anyone but you. Things have to get better soon. This string of bad luck can't last forever.

IMG_1087.jpegIMG_1089.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel