The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Roundup V 2015 - Motorsport Park Hastings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
LS110 said:
Here is a great vid from last weekend at the MPH NASA event of me trying to catch Gary.

Get him! GET HIMMMM!!!!!

Car sounds amazing...

ArizonaBOSS said:
Get him! GET HIMMMM!!!!!

Car sounds amazing...
I was thinking the same thing about the sound since we have the same exhaust (Kooks LTs O/R H and Corsa Extremes). I wonder if his CJ intake and cams give it an even better sound?

cloud9 said:
I was thinking the same thing about the sound since we have the same exhaust (Kooks LTs O/R H and Corsa Extremes). I wonder if his CJ intake and cams give it an even better sound?

Having spent 3 days behind you, your sounds great as well. I especially noticed the roar of you car on pit out when we were surrounded by concrete. Each time we went through there I was thinking I wonder if my car sounds that nice.

LS110 said:
Having spent 3 days behind you, your sounds great as well. I especially noticed the roar of you car on pit out when we were surrounded by concrete. Each time we went through there I was thinking I wonder if my car sounds that nice.
That is something I'm going to miss when I change to the GT350. I'm guessing it won't be quite THAT loud ;D

LS110 said:

I would have guessed John's car was a X pipe, it doesn't have the deep sound, sounds good either way I like it.

12coBoss said:
I would have guessed John's car was a X pipe, it doesn't have the deep sound, sounds good either way I like it.

Part of the sound difference is due to having my mic for the the GoPro inside my trunk to eliminate all the wind noise. This adds a bit of a tin sound.

drano38

Wayne
Here we go again, the cheetin bastages gettin track time before the Roundup. ;D

Awesome driving by both of you.

I finally registered for the Roundup last weekend. Poor credit card is taking a beating, but its all good.

drano38 said:
Here we go again, the cheetin bastages gettin track time before the Roundup. ;D

Awesome driving by both of you.

I finally registered for the Roundup last weekend. Poor credit card is taking a beating, but its all good.
Glad you're going to make it again this year Wayne!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Was at the event in my ACR and these two guys were cooking , couple of the few cars I didn't pass and that is due to what a great track this is for the Boss. Have run numerous events here and folks in Porsches and Vettes are often surprised at how well the Stangs do at MPH, and it doesn't hurt that these two guys are excellent pilots!! If you haven't decided to go yet, you are passing up a get together that has gone beyond that and is now an Event!! Great folks and with all the new Blue Oval stuff showing up in Hastings, it will be a party you will regret not making if you don't have this on your bucket list calendar!

....and special news , Gary commented that he has very few mods on his car. We will be taking up wagers to see if he has less than 100 upgrades ,ha,ha.

Bill Pemberton said:
Was at the event in my ACR and these two guys were cooking , couple of the few cars I didn't pass and that is due to what a great track this is for the Boss. Have run numerous events here and folks in Porsches and Vettes are often surprised at how well the Stangs do at MPH, and it doesn't hurt that these two guys are excellent pilots!! If you haven't decided to go yet, you are passing up a get together that has gone beyond that and is now an Event!! Great folks and with all the new Blue Oval stuff showing up in Hastings, it will be a party you will regret not making if you don't have this on your bucket list calendar!

....and special news , Gary commented that he has very few mods on his car. We will be taking up wagers to see if he has less than 100 upgrades ,ha,ha.
More specifically very few go fast mods. Most of the mods are either safety, cooling or track durability. ;) Heck I still have the factory airbox, brakes and a full interior :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, those 50 more ponies than I have are just a safety feature to get outa my way if I brake too late,ha. Gary will likely whip up on most of us this coming month, but the majority of it is because he is quite skilled -- the other part is as John Scheier used to say, Gary is a Cheatin Bastige - which actually meant that Gary always seems to be up on the current and best mods for the Boss. So don't listen to his smack talk, come to the event to find out how one of the genuine fast guys tunes his Boss and find out what works and what doesn't . Let him spend his money so you can save yours.

That is the best part about this event, with Engineers, die hard Boss 302 enthusiasts and drivers, it really is the best place in the Nation to come and figure out what works.

We had a blast at MPH today. George was hosting the Champ Truck Series (yes they race semi trucks!) and he wanted to add some fan entertainment. He asked Jeff Lacina and Track Guys to put something together so he organized a weekend of pursuit racing. It works like bracket drag racing and the cars were released based on lap time differential times the number of laps in the race. I started this race at the back of the pack of 8 cars in a 10 lap race. One of the most fun things I've done on a road course 8) Jeff and Track Guys really put on a great event and I met a lot of new friends.

https://youtu.be/8WWLWsU47lc

The video it not working for me but rumor has it you won the race. Another victory for the Boss 302!

2012B2L

That Ford Guy
Ford Employee
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Fun times out there today. Looking forward to another great roundup next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's another one from Sunday morning. The first car out was actually lapping me right as I got released which made for an exciting start to this race! ;D

https://youtu.be/wL18nab4ooc

cloud9 said:
Here's another one from Sunday morning. The first car out was actually lapping me right as I got released which made for an exciting start to this race! ;D

https://youtu.be/wL18nab4ooc

Great vid Gary and very nice driving to pass all the cars in just 10 laps with the lead car having a full lap on you. This race format is great idea to help level the field, unless of course you are driving and then so much for leveling the field. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors