The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

mcmmotorsports said:
Is that like postho? ;D

Max, Max, Max, seriously what are you thinking? Are those TMS window stickers? Shame on you. Send me your address and I'll get some proper BMO stickers to you. Also get that plastidip off your car ASAP and reshoot it with 3M Paint Defender. You'll thank me for it later. ;)

http://3mauto.com/products/paint-defender?utm_medium=cpc&WT.term=paint+defender&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Paint+Defender&WT.medium=cpc&WT.campaign=Paint+Defender&WT.content=text&WT.srch=1&WT.source=google&WT.mc_id=Paint_Defender&utm_term=paint+defender&cshift_ck=4E21F585-51AB-4FC4-8C8A-D5A3B4CAD8DEcsGx99quTa

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Ordered my magnetic door numbers from Pete at Trackdaysolutions.com....will be attending my first track event this weekend, got the track fever after BTA last month!

just bought the the boss ls 711 on friday. New to mustangs and the forum. Wow lots to read...any suggestions on where to start?

johna said:
just bought the the boss ls 711 on friday. New to mustangs and the forum. Wow lots to read...any suggestions on where to start?
Welcome to BMO and congratulations on your purchase. Where to start depends on what you're going to do with your Boss. Track, strip, car shows? Whatever it is have fun!

Ohhhhh, OK, you gotta post back here with your impressions on the new system after you've abused it a little. :)

Fred G

What Goes Around Comes Around

Korbin_Dallas said:
Ohhhhh, OK, you gotta post back here with your impressions on the new system after you've abused it a little. :)

Oh, Hey Korbin..if you're referring to me, the car does friggin hand stands! :)

Fred G

What Goes Around Comes Around

Korbin_Dallas said:
Yes, I was.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I think you just helped me make up my mind. :)

Hey Korbin,
If you're really interested take note. I purchased my set up from Rehagen Racing..no qualms or probs whatsover.
Great deal, parts were perfect. However, you should know that our (2012 & 2013 Boss) rear calipers, pads and
backing plates (oops giving away my age..dust shields) are identical to the 2013 GT500's. As such, I only used the
caliper bracket, rotors and new pads from the Rehagen kit. I didn't even crack my rear brake lines loose.
That said, you might wind up coming out slightly ahead if you just purchase the 15" front upgrade kit from Late Model Restoration
or possibly Rehagen if they sell the fronts only, and then purchase the caliper bracket and rotors from your local Ford parts guy.
Also, don't be afraid of the Lube Locker rear cover gasket. It works mint and beats jerking around with RTV sealer, especially if you can
sneak the cover off without removing your panhard bar. Also, if you choose to go with Late Model Restoration for either the hat gasket
or front brake kit and want use Royal Purple, be aware that they do not sell the Ford reccomended correct weight gear oil for our cars.
Good luck.
Fred

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada

BMR LCA's and relocation brackets installed, installed alcantara shift boot and e brake boot. Made a deal for an Axel Exchange one piece aluminum drive shaft, off road H pipe, long tube headers AND Paxton Novi 2200 to install over the winter.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

SVO WOODY said:
BMR LCA's and relocation brackets installed, installed alcantara shift boot and e brake boot. Made a deal for an Axel Exchange one piece aluminum drive shaft, off road H pipe, long tube headers AND Paxton Novi 2200 to install over the winter.
i want a Paxton :)

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Attended first track event today at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park near Phoenix, got to watch ArizonaGT battle it out in the badass group! Nice meeting you Drew

AZGT_zpsb918bed6.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Likewise Derek!

I hope you're coming back for tomorrow--the full "Mondo" track with the Bondurant side included is awesome!

TMO Supporting Vendors