The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Dawn wash -> Clay -> wax w/Turtle Wax Ice (love that product - so quick an easy'2coats in an hour) -> Back to Black on all the plastics n ruber. Inside today

I've only clayed the car when i got it and today - difference when done is really night an day.

How often do yall clay ? Also - is a wax after enough or is a sealant absolutely necessary ?

tks-Rob

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

LP Heaven said:
Dawn wash -> Clay -> wax w/Turtle Wax Ice (love that product - so quick an easy'2coats in an hour) -> Back to Black on all the plastics n ruber. Inside today

I've only clayed the car when i got it and today - difference when done is really night an day.

How often do yall clay ? Also - is a wax after enough or is a sealant absolutely necessary ?

tks-Rob
you will want to clay a DD about twice a year fall and spring is when I do it.

sealant isnt necessary but it will provide a longer lasting protection.

Willow springs yesterday. First time on big willow - fun!
After the front camber plates the wear looks good. The rears are wearing more on the outside shoulder. What do you do for rear camber? Eccentric bolts/bushings or?

Justin said:
you will want to clay a DD about twice a year fall and spring is when I do it.

sealant isnt necessary but it will provide a longer lasting protection.

Kool and the Gang !!! Its a weekend car mostly but i like to keep it pristine as possible which is real hard in the armpit of America
(jersey) :)

Prepped mine for my last track day of the year at Thunderhill tomorrow.

IMG_2959_zps86e0f6bb.jpg

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Drove at Inde Motor sports park this weekend. The picture is misleading, this guy out drove me by a country mile!

Inde_zps6647b3ea.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

You must have been out there with NASA! INDE is a fun track. I was thinking about coming down to hang out this weekend but too much going on at home.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

ArizonaGT said:
You must have been out there with NASA! INDE is a fun track. I was thinking about coming down to hang out this weekend but too much going on at home.

Yep thinking about going to Chuckwalla with them next month too. It was a great track, love the elevation changes and blind corners.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Chuckwalla is a blast, TBH I like it more than INDE. INDE is a tighter course that favors lighter cars, but Chuckwalla is a more high-speed track that Mustangs love :)

Are they going to run Clockwise or CCW?

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

ArizonaGT said:
Chuckwalla is a blast, TBH I like it more than INDE. INDE is a tighter course that favors lighter cars, but Chuckwalla is a more high-speed track that Mustangs love :)

Are they going to run Clockwise or CCW?

They don't mention the direction they are running on the NASAAZ website. Yeah lots of little cars caught me in the infield but once we hit the straights they faded quickly.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

steveespo said:
Lost my throw out bearing at Summit Main in the rain. Dove 300 miles home clutchless. Really messed up a great weekend on track with good friends.
Steve

BLEH. See if Ram or McLeod make one that fit the MT-82; the stockers are time bombs.

Tucson302 said:
They don't mention the direction they are running on the NASAAZ website. Yeah lots of little cars caught me in the infield but once we hit the straights they faded quickly.

I'll go to chuckwalla anytime!

Keavdog said:
Willow springs yesterday. First time on big willow - fun!
After the front camber plates the wear looks good. The rears are wearing more on the outside shoulder. What do you do for rear camber? Eccentric bolts/bushings or?

A little video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hxfj-4yq78&feature=youtu.be

Fred G

What Goes Around Comes Around

steveespo said:
Lost my throw out bearing at Summit Main in the rain. Drove 300 miles home clutchless. Really messed up a great weekend on track with good friends.
Steve

Hey Steve,
Unreal meeting up with you yesterday...small friggin world, huh...Was going to ask you about the t/out bearing situation on site today, but then got the call to hold off coming back. Luckily I hadn't hit the Throgs Neck yet.
Fred

TMO Supporting Vendors