The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonoma Raceway 7 Sept 2014. Got my PB time of 1:55.45 with consistant 1:56-1:57. Much improved this trip! All 3 Bosses did awesome!

Lap Following Rick's(NFSBOSS) Boss 302
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Pn8snxjHu-U[/youtube]

Fast Lap following Paul's Boss 302
[youtube]http://youtu.be/Yrser65W-_g[/youtube]

My fastest lap was lap 10 and I ran a 2.09.8. I also ran a 2.10.39 and a few 2.12's. Fastest speed down the back straight was 146 mph. If anyone told me that they could run sub 2.10's at the Glen with the few mods I have I would have thought they were crazy! I am sure the Pirelli P-Zero slicks in 305/660R18 make a big difference

Thanks for posting. Outstanding lap times, everything looks soooo smooth also looks like you shift a lot less [mostly 4th gear out of most corners]. I'll have to try this approach next time out.

Hermes said:
Thanks for posting. Outstanding lap times, everything looks soooo smooth also looks like you shift a lot less [mostly 4th gear out of most corners]. I'll have to try this approach next time out.

Thanks! I have tried numerous ways around this track as far as shifting goes. Staying in 4th gear thru 6,7,8 and 9th, turns which you might use 3rd gear in, seems to be smoother. The car lugs a little but it sure feels like it is pulling hard when using 4th in those turns. Besides, you are not wasting time shifting either. It's the same thing when shifting up to 5th between turns 1 and 2. The car pulls hard and there is less chance of kicking the rear end out. Also, I am using tires that are about 1/2" smaller in diameter, so that is changing the factory axle gear ratio. I do end up hitting the rev limiter for a split second just as I approach turn 8. Not worth shifting into 5th at that point.

Roll bar cam videos from Sonoma.

The first video is from the morning where I'm following Ron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xebBaHnBkDM

Second video is from the afternoon session that matches Moto's first video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=f2UrRccbmWw

Tulsa, OK
Oh there was some still some farming ;D I left some very nice track art coming out the biznitch sideways then plowed up the grass. The track photog was right there so I'll have some good shots to post up soon...

Track surface is definitely starting to come in now. Smooth and sticky.

Went to Thompson speedway for the second time last week. Track is a lot of fun. We ran with Northeast track. Tons of track time. lap times came down with the new payment aging a little bit. 100 % stock, track key only stock tires. best of 1:23.808 with a lap timer. No Camera on it. Had an issue with the traction control/ abs. Last session went out hit the brakes and had a crazy noise from the front brakes and the dash went crazy. Went home drove the car and all is fine. Anyone else experience this before?

Matt

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
mustangmatt said:
Went to Thompson speedway for the second time last week. Track is a lot of fun. We ran with Northeast track. Tons of track time. lap times came down with the new payment aging a little bit. 100 % stock, track key only stock tires. best of 1:23.808 with a lap timer. No Camera on it. Had an issue with the traction control/ abs. Last session went out hit the brakes and had a crazy noise from the front brakes and the dash went crazy. Went home drove the car and all is fine. Anyone else experience this before?

Matt

Nice lap time! I have not had that brake experience, sounds very strange. Is brake fluid low ? Coolant on the track or something?

Headed back to Thompson next week - I think I will finally have my brake issues fixed so hoping I can get down to low 1.24's wih my current setup. Headed back to Thompson anytime soon ?

There was something with the traction control/ abs that freaked out. Checked it multiple times before I came in. Strange? No more Thompson this year, I would like to do Limerock next I was thinking 10/24 with loose nuts motorsports?
Matt

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
steveespo said:
Matt come to Lime Rock 10/24, Derek and I are both going to be there. Would like to meet another member and hope others can come too.
Steve

Agreed. Should be a fun event. Another friend of mine Tod will be there with his 2014 GT TP as well

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
New PB at Summit Main this weekend. 1:25.52 on Conti scrubs (12 cycles) and BIG Ford horsepower. Had a great time with FD Sako, 2012_Boss(steve), Mustang Don, Tony , Greg Pro, Kevin and many others. Well not so many as we had about 23 attendees and over 9 hours of track time over the two days. I did 360 miles on track and packed up at 1:00pm on Sunday after just wearing out those Contis.

<iframe width="480" height="270" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JnbbJYP6svo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Steve

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
steveespo said:
New PB at Summit Main this weekend. 1:25.52 on Conti scrubs (12 cycles) and BIG Ford horsepower. Had a great time with FD Sako, 2012_Boss(steve), Mustang Don, Tony , Greg Pro, Kevin and many others. Well not so many as we had about 23 attendees and over 9 hours of track time over the two days. I did 360 miles on track and packed up at 1:00pm on Sunday after just wearing out those Contis.

Steve

That was a good weekend - I've never had so much track time available. I wore through my front Contis as well.

Summit Point Main 1:25.935
Boss/suspension/slicks

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel